8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
?

I'm wasn't saying, I was just saying. ;)

I can't eat that....and @WislaHD, mate.....that WILL give you health problems.

Also, none of that tells me anything about the quality of the meat and how much antibiotic and other bollocks I'm consuming.

And this, folks, is how you pick and choose restaurants, as opposed to the original premise of this thread!

Although, to be fair, eating out is a fool's game if one is worried about consuming whole foods without nasty additives.

They claim (Chick-fil-a) to be using antibiotic, hormone and steroid free meat.

I'll take them at their word.........ahem.....really.............and then innocently look at that ingredients list again...........and wonder what the @#$@ the point was of getting passable meat and serving it with all that.

They claim (Chick-fil-a) to be using antibiotic, hormone and steroid free meat.

I'll take them at their word.........ahem.....really.............and then innocently look at that ingredients list again...........and wonder what the @#$@ the point was of getting passable meat and serving it with all that.

Preservatives.

And sugar......why the hell do people put that shit in everything!!!??? I can't eat most processed foods because I'm on a low carb diet because I don't need carbs (and I'm fit, by the way, so I don't know what the hell the rest of you are doing mowing all that bread and pasta...bleached as well...ow, my head).

Preservatives.

And sugar......why the hell do people put that shit in everything!!!??? I can't eat most processed foods because I'm on a low carb diet because I don't need carbs (and I'm fit, by the way, so I don't know what the hell the rest of you are doing mowing all that bread and pasta...bleached as well...ow, my head).

Over-consumption of sugar is just as bad as smoking, and doing drugs. Yet our food is just loaded with sugar, and no one seems to be talking about the dangers of sugar and fructose sucrose and all that other crap.
People wonder why our hospitals are so busy? Look at all the overweight people around. All those carbs and sugar are making them sick. I have lost a few good friends to heart attacks, which probably could have been prevented if they had of lost weight.

I'm trying my best to cut down on salt, saturated fat and sugar in my regular diet, and its not easy! Everything i like to eat is high on carbohydrates and sugar.

Over-consumption of sugar is just as bad as smoking, and doing drugs.

Whoah, whoah, whoa....which drugs? The ones I do are good for you, if anything*. :p (Well, not including the liquor which is most certainly not good for ya). Tryptamines are not as bad as eating sugar...you heard it here first.

*--psychologically-speaking

Yet our food is just loaded with sugar, and no one seems to be talking about the dangers of sugar and fructose sucrose and all that other crap.
People wonder why our hospitals are so busy? Look at all the overweight people around. All those carbs and sugar are making them sick.

Quite!

I have lost a few good friends to heart attacks, which probably could have been prevented if they had of lost weight.

Well, there are myriad reasons why one might have a heart attack and not all have to do with poor diet choices. Of course, I don't know your friends so I can't speak to their specifics.

I'm trying my best to cut down on salt, saturated fat and sugar in my regular diet, and its not easy! Everything i like to eat is high on carbohydrates and sugar.

It IS easy. I can help.

What are your three favourite things to eat?

Want to know what my dinner today is? A salad with olive oil and hemp hearts and a slab of trout, baked. That's it. Keep it simple and keep it kicking, as they say...ok, "they" being me...just now...but still.

There's going to be a new Chick-fil-A location in Scarborough Town Centre.

20210220_115852.jpg
20210220_115901.jpg

The fascination w/this place continues to astound me.

I don't think there's anything particularly redeeming about the food.

Better than Burger King is not a slogan that should sell anything; and I'm not sure that it is, in any event.

Better than Burger King is not a slogan that should sell anything; and I'm not sure that it is, in any event.

Exactly how I feel about Burger's Priest....especially after finally having eaten their food last week! ;)

It seems people love artery-clogging fast food in Toronto.( Popeye's, A&W Chick-fil-A) The healthier fast-food chains like Potbelly and Panera bread all failed.

It seems people love artery-clogging fast food in Toronto.( Popeye's, A&W Chick-fil-A) The healthier fast-food chains like Potbelly and Panera bread all failed.
Panera’s considered “healthy” these days? I’ll take a cheese danish with my 1000 calorie Italian combo panini, please.
Fresh, Freshii or Mad Radish look downright medicinal in comparison.

Panera’s considered “healthy” these days? I’ll take a cheese danish with my 1000 calorie Italian combo panini, please.
Fresh, Freshii or Mad Radish look downright medicinal in comparison.

More important in my eyes, Panera isn't particularly good.

I ate there exactly once a couple months after they were new to market to see what the fuss (at the time) was about.

I had a sandwich and salad plate.

The salad was wilted and over-dressed in treacly balamamic-like dressing. The sandwich likewise included wilted greens, along with over-done, but under-portioned meat and a regrettable dressing.

Haven't been back.

I ate there exactly once a couple months after they were new to market to see what the fuss (at the time) was about.

The salad was wilted and over-dressed in treacly balamamic-like dressing. The sandwich likewise included wilted greens, along with over-done, but under-portioned meat and a regrettable dressing.

Haven't been back.
Panera's on the better side of chain "sandwich restaurants", but not even close to a decent local place like SanRemo (R.I.P. Natale), Porchetta & Co, La Cubana or Black Camel.

It kills me when a chain decides hyper-expansion is in their best interests. In almost every case, quality suffers greatly (see: Burger's Priest, etc.). I suspect there was a time when Panera was small and held in such high esteem as the Toronto places I listed.

Haven't been back.

Yeah Panera in this country isn't great, It's way better in better in the US. Canadian food is so overpriced, restaurants cut back on quality ingredients. Five Guys is the same thing. Go to the states, the burgers are nothing like the crap we get in Canada.

Back