News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

It could be better, but there are some nice sights. The lights on the trees at that small median north of Dundas are well done. The blue could have worked once as something different, but it's at least the second year they're using the white/blue "tree" at Dundas Square. Bloor and Christie has a very nice giant LED tiger with "Keep out" signs. But they're regular store bought signs, so it looks like they're serious, legitimate signs at first.

I really don't see the problem with blue. It's certainly a Christmas colour in this country...I've seen it used in decorations and lighting for years.

I don't see the problem with celebrating other holidays that occur around this time of year either.

Christmas is depressing enough, those lights on Yonge Street sure don't help.

Blue or no blue the decorations strung along Yonge seem like a half-hearted effort to me.

Many people cannot tell the difference between green and red, so maybe blue and orange are better. It is nice of the city to think about colour-blind people. :rolleyes:

I really don't see the problem with blue. It's certainly a Christmas colour in this country...I've seen it used in decorations and lighting for years.

I don't see the problem with celebrating other holidays that occur around this time of year either.

Me neither, but some more variation would be nice. If you like blue, the Junction has got blue lights on all year round.

I don't like the blues because they are dark -- exactly the opposite of what we should have this time of the year. I would really like to see more whites, yellows, and bright greens.

The Shade Garden in St. James' Park has blue, green and multicolour trees as of last night. And the arbour at Adelaide and Jarvis has blue lights again this year.

Back