News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The nearby park has been turned into an open-air drug den. What shame, my friend and I used to take her kids to that park to play in.
And let me guess - our bloated police force are doing nothing about it.

• Angry
Reactions: DSC
Totally off-ball topic (clearly I am posting this here because I am not even sure where to start) - does anyone know anything about the LGBT community in Cleveland back in the 80s or what would be a good source of knowledge of potential community individuals from that period?

AoD

Totally off-ball topic (clearly I am posting this here because I am not even sure where to start) - does anyone know anything about the LGBT community in Cleveland back in the 80s or what would be a good source of knowledge of potential community individuals from that period?

AoD

I wonder if the people who work at the ArQuives might be able to point you in the right direction. https://arquives.ca/

I wonder if the people who work at the ArQuives might be able to point you in the right direction. https://arquives.ca/

Yeah I am familiar with the ArQuives and have thought about reaching out to them. Long story - I have acquried a WWII US servicemember's personal album and I have reasons to believe he might be a member (since deceased) of the community, based on ancillary info I have located regarding that individual from the 80s.

AoD

Last edited:
I made that post on Oct 8, 2022 and Whiskful Thinking finally was able to open its doors this past weekend. Haven't had a chance to go in yet, but I sure hope they can make a go of it after all it has taken to open up.

They seem to be doing ok from what I can see. Their strawberry and mango mousse cakes are quite nice.

Heard from a friend that Pusateri is closing for renovations. Apparently will be closing in about a week, then renovations will take 4-5 weeks. They're doubling the kitchen, and replacing the floor & ceiling.

Looks like the renovation is almost complete, and I heard someone there say they'd open in about a week.

Also saw this on Instagram - new sign and new name, though Pusateri is still there.

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 11.02.42 AM.jpg

Pusateri's has re-opened but not completely set up yet. The renovated interior is nice and the looks like the hot food counter may be expanded.

Reactions: ARB
Don’t know if this goes here. There is an application for 244 Church which is the first set of undeveloped buildings south of the tower going up on the southwest corner of Church and Dundas. Another high-rise or does Ryerson have plans?!

Don’t know if this goes here. There is an application for 244 Church which is the first set of undeveloped buildings south of the tower going up on the southwest corner of Church and Dundas. Another high-rise or does Ryerson have plans?!

Interesting, I THINK these properties, like the surface parking lot at Dundas & Bond, belong to the Catholic Church which once owned that whole block.

Back