News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Guu is opening at Church and Granby soon (a little outside "The Village" proper I know.)
It is a Japanese restaurant exported from Vancouver.
This place is apparently a big deal to Japanese cuisine aficionados.

West of Bulldog?

Sounds cool.

depends on what goes in there if zippers closes

the sunday night crowd can always go somewhere else...the barn is a short crawl away....

i just hate seeing another bar close down...if it happens

Last edited:
Normally I'm all for the development of surface lots, but if all the lots in the village disappear where are they going to put the stages for pride? There's Cawthra Square Park and I guess in a pinch they could use Allan Gardens. But that's not really enough. Unfortunately we don't have a big wide boulevard that we could use, like they do for the Sunday T-dance in Montreal.

hopefully some good news.....from the statlers web site....

We would like to announce that we are working very hard to get Statlers Re-opened as soon as we can. We will keep you posted. Thank you for all your love and support! Sorry for any inconvenience

depends on what goes in there if zippers closes

the sunday night crowd can always go somewhere else...the barn is a short crawl away....

i just hate seeing another bar close down...if it happens

The Barn is nothing like Retro Sundays at Zippers. Basically this is the only dance bar that I go to now. (I hate techno music!) If it closes, I'll have nowhere to go dance. That sucks!

Normally I'm all for the development of surface lots, but if all the lots in the village disappear where are they going to put the stages for pride? There's Cawthra Square Park and I guess in a pinch they could use Allan Gardens. But that's not really enough. Unfortunately we don't have a big wide boulevard that we could use, like they do for the Sunday T-dance in Montreal.

Queens Park is going to be used new year. Pride will have 2 new stages and one will be at Queens Park, so I assume all of Wellesley will be closed. Why can't they use Dundas Square and Allen's Gardens? Both are close enough to the village. They definitely need to expand the parade route. It's much too crowded as it is now.

my original post about the barn replacing zippers was meant to mean that the barn could promote a retro night on sundays and maybe scoop up that crowd

a lot of people like dancing to the oldies on sunday nights so i'm sure they would wander to the barn if it took the lead...it's certainly close enough...hell, they could even turn the bottom floor into a piano lounge for one night if they wanted :p

as far as "techno"...most of the places in the village play top 40/dance music....fly is the closest to playing edm(electronic dance music)..they're mostly dance music until around 3'ish when everyone turns into a zombie, then they play a lot of progressive/tribal stuff

sometimes i get sick of the typical village sound and wander down to the guvernment.....last week carl cox was there...that's techno! :D

Back