News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

It went up this week.

The old Bigliardi's space (about 2009) and the new Flash & Pizzaiolo space (Sept 29th)

Bigliardis_2009.jpg

Bigliardis_Sept2010sm.jpg

That is not an improvement. And another patch in the sidewalk.

Um, so the Flash on Church website has been updated, and it's really weird. Says there was an open house today and the grand opening is tomorrow. But more importantly, you have to be a MEMBER to enter. A membership fee is $15-$25. This is kinda weird. Wtf is this place? Why not just charge a few dollars cover?

Um, so the Flash on Church website has been updated, and it's really weird. Says there was an open house today and the grand opening is tomorrow. But more importantly, you have to be a MEMBER to enter. A membership fee is $15-$25. This is kinda weird. Wtf is this place? Why not just charge a few dollars cover?

It's because making it a private club subjects it to more 'lax bylaws.

Translation: Anything goes. Nobody would bat an eye if you walked in with a live duck and a car jack.

It's because making it a private club subjects it to more 'lax bylaws.

Translation: Anything goes. Nobody would bat an eye if you walked in with a live duck and a car jack.

Now I've got to get married. I know exactly where my reception's gonna be.

Content: it looks like Yefseis has closed, as it hasn't been open all week and has mail rubber-banded to the doorhandle.

I really was pulling for that joint, but every frigging time I went in there it was a fifteen minute wait for something that takes thirty seconds across the road.

It's too bad about Yefseis. It was run by the family that opened Pita Pan in this location more than 10 years ago. It was quite busy for 5 or more years. (Can't remember exact dates, sorry.) But the mother told me hard economic times in Greece caused them to move back here and reopen their old business. The name Yefsies sure didn't help and the competition is greater now. Hope they can get it going again. They wait times for food were too long for those on a short lunch.

It's too bad about Yefseis. It was run by the family that opened Pita Pan in this location more than 10 years ago. It was quite busy for 5 or more years. (Can't remember exact dates, sorry.) But the mother told me hard economic times in Greece caused them to move back here and reopen their old business. The name Yefsies sure didn't help and the competition is greater now. Hope they can get it going again. They wait times for food were too long for those on a short lunch.

But on the plus side, Hero Burger is still open for all your reheated frozen burger needs. Dang it.

Nuts, I heard Yefsies had good food, but I never had a chance to try it because of the aforementioned waits.

When Yefseis first opened I tried their Gyro Wrap. I liked that the wrap used was the thick Greek style pita bread warmed over the grill and not the paper thin pita used at every other wrap place. I mentioned to the owner that if she really wanted be successful what she should do is make some Donair (sweet) sauce and to put up a big sign "Donairs sold here" since it is impossible to find a Donair in Toronto even though they are very popular down east and out west. It is really an untapped market. A few weeks later I noticed she had followed my advice and had put Donairs on the menu (although neglected to put up a big sign) however when I ordered the Donair this time they used the paper thin split pita not the authentic Greek. The next time I asked if they could use the Greek bread instead - they charged extra for this!. They also went to the unnecessary step of grilling the onions and tomatoes which took away from taste and added to preparation time. They scrimped on the portion of meat so that while it was tasty it was not very filling and overall poor value for the price. After this I gave up on them.

Its sad to see a family business fail but its not a big loss to the street.

considering that remingtons charges $5 - $10 every time you walk in the door, a one time fee of $15 - $25 for the year isn't a bad deal

if anyone wanders in please post a review

When Yefseis first opened I tried their Gyro Wrap. I liked that the wrap used was the thick Greek style pita bread warmed over the grill and not the paper thin pita used at every other wrap place. I mentioned to the owner that if she really wanted be successful what she should do is make some Donair (sweet) sauce and to put up a big sign "Donairs sold here" since it is impossible to find a Donair in Toronto even though they are very popular down east and out west. It is really an untapped market. A few weeks later I noticed she had followed my advice and had put Donairs on the menu (although neglected to put up a big sign) however when I ordered the Donair this time they used the paper thin split pita not the authentic Greek. The next time I asked if they could use the Greek bread instead - they charged extra for this!. They also went to the unnecessary step of grilling the onions and tomatoes which took away from taste and added to preparation time. They scrimped on the portion of meat so that while it was tasty it was not very filling and overall poor value for the price. After this I gave up on them.

Its sad to see a family business fail but its not a big loss to the street.

Very well put. I had the same item the last time I was there and was astonished by how long it took. It was good, but seriously, I waited for fifteen minutes when we were the only people there, and it was something that could have been made in five minutes, at most.

considering that remingtons charges $5 - $10 every time you walk in the door, a one time fee of $15 - $25 for the year isn't a bad deal

if anyone wanders in please post a review

I tried to get in last Saturday. The bouncer said he'd let me and my friend in for free to preview the place, but the pack of girls we were with would have to wait outside. They weren't into waiting in the cold, so we never went in. Instead, we went to Crews, which despite being closed forever, looks exactly like its shitty-self inside.

Back