8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

20230326_161305.jpg

Cheer on the Edmonton Oilers in Sir Winston Churchill Square​

May 2, 2023

Watch the Edmonton Oilers in Game 1 of Round 2 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs in Sir Winston Churchill Square presented by Rogers Sportsnet. This large screen viewing is open to all ages. Bring your lawn chairs and cheer on the Oilers at this free family-focussed, alcohol-free viewing party.

Date: Wednesday, May 3
Time: 6:30 to 11:30 p.m.
Puck drop: 7:30 p.m.

Food trucks will be on site for those wishing to purchase snacks. Play a game of ping pong, or large format checkers or chess leading up to game time or between periods. Check out the Gateway Arches art installation from The Works Art and Design Festival.

Whether you’re out on the town or cheering from home, we encourage you to continue to celebrate safely and responsibly.

Sir Winston Churchill Square is easily accessible by bus and LRT. Visitedmonton.ca/transit for route and schedule information.

Parking is available in the City Hall parkade, the Canada Place parkade, and in the Stanley A. Milner Library Parkade. Each of these parkades has elevator access for accessibility.

The playoffs viewing parties have been made possible by the Edmonton Downtown Business Association, Fresh Air Cinemas, the Oilers Entertainment Group and the City of Edmonton.

Ford Tailgate Party and Fan Park

The Ford Tailgate Party in Fan Park and the Scotiabank Playoff Plaza in ICE District are now 18+ events with enhanced procedures for entry, including age verification, wrist banding and no re-entry. Outdoor watch parties in ICE District will remain first-come-first-serve events, and will open two hours before puck drop to allow for additional ingress time before the game starts. Admission into both spaces continues to be free of charge and will feature adult beverages, food trucks, DJ entertainment and the game with sound on giant outdoor screens.​

For more information:
edmonton.ca/playoffs
ICE District
nhl.com/oilers

Media contact:
Karen McDonnell
Communications Advisor
Communications and Engagement

After hours media line: 780-423-5956​

Halal Ribfest was packed this evening and brought out a crowd that wouldn't normally come Downtown. Running at the same time as Sustainival is good synergy - when we needed a break from the rides we came over for some pretty good brisket.
View attachment 484191View attachment 484190
I walked through on Saturday, not even realizing there was an event this weekend. The crowd was sparser but It looked like an awesome event. I hope they keep bringing it back here and it grows in popularity because the only thing I observed on Saturday is that the square should have been packed for the quality of the offering. It smelled amazing but I'd just eaten a full meal so didn't partake. Next time.

I walked through on Saturday, not even realizing there was an event this weekend. The crowd was sparser but It looked like an awesome event. I hope they keep bringing it back here and it grows in popularity because the only thing I observed on Saturday is that the square should have been packed for the quality of the offering. It smelled amazing but I'd just eaten a full meal so didn't partake. Next time.

It was pretty busy on Sunday afternoon (and did smell amazing) but unfortunately the kids' water area in front of city hall wasn't going on. Not sure what happened there.

Back