News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

If Churchill hadn't collaborated with the allied powers, he would have been more known for his racism, white supremacy, union busting, colonialism, and tacit support of genocide in current and former colonies. Until someone can suggest someone better, I am supporting Gomberg Square.

If Churchill hadn't collaborated with the allied powers, he would have been more known for his racism, white supremacy, union busting, colonialism, and tacit support of genocide in current and former colonies. Until someone can suggest someone better, I am supporting Gomberg Square.
If Churchill had not refused to concede to the Nazis when everyone thought UK was doomed including Joe Kennedy the American ambassador to Uk this world would be a different place today. No Gombergs we would probably be a totalitarian society that wouldn’t tolerate any deviation from their ideal Arian race. He was the man of the hour , not the hour before or the hour after Best not to forget that

Centennial Plaza update (May 5th):

IMG_8032.jpegIMG_8031.jpegIMG_8030.jpegIMG_8029.jpegIMG_8028.jpegIMG_8027.jpeg

Big improvement. Feels like a missed chance for some basic children’s playground items like swings and slides though. Such a destination for kids already, why not build on that.

Hopefully the little hills and statues bring some life

Big improvement. Feels like a missed chance for some basic children’s playground items like swings and slides though. Such a destination for kids already, why not build on that.

Hopefully the little hills and statues bring some life

Missed chance. Why not add more colour and fun to this area instead of going with these grey panels - as if the library wasn't grey enough. If they didn't want art, even just some colored panels.
Or even some colour into the ground with some colourful painted shapes.
Even the hills are tones of grey.

Screenshot_20240602_065242_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240602_064216_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240602_064037_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240602_063800_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240602_063711_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240602_063734_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
if things go to plan, the city will neglect the plantings, they'll die, the dry beds will collect garbage. the "flower" things will get covered with graffiti and some meth-head will try to light the wooden benches on fire. I'll have to take a walk on down there to see in person but from these photos it doesn't look inviting. (and I'm hating myself for these thoughts right now).

The city seems to put a lot of effort and resources in building shiny new things to replace old run down things, but not much effort into maintaining them, so they also become run down very quickly.

Back