News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

If this club ends up at least meeting expectations then perhaps it'll raise the bar for the other establishments in the area.

Will the bar rise and light up at the same time?

Hot

youtube video preview was hot.

I don't recall the name of the club before this one. However, I had some good nights there in my real early 20's. My friends and I always loved this room way in the back on the upper floors, it's probably where that VIP room is now, it had a lit up dance floor, great music, and great vibe.

Can't wait to check out this new place!

Louroz

youtube video preview was hot.

I don't recall the name of the club before this one. However, I had some good nights there in my real early 20's. My friends and I always loved this room way in the back on the upper floors, it's probably where that VIP room is now, it had a lit up dance floor, great music, and great vibe.

Can't wait to check out this new place!

Louroz
the club before this was called lucid and before that there was a playdium. not sure wat was before that.

Playdium

lucid! that was it! thanks! yeah, good times!

I'm surprised playdium didn't last downtown, the original Mississauga City Centre location is still going strong, however, its probably five times the size and has a massive outdoor section.

Was at the Mississauga location this weekend, I haven't been in years, and I was surprised it was still packed on a Saturday afternoon. Got to love the GO Kart track, with the growing City Centre skyline around you, where else can you experience that?

Louroz

Was at the Mississauga location this weekend, I haven't been in years, and I was surprised it was still packed on a Saturday afternoon. Got to love the GO Kart track, with the growing City Centre skyline around you, where else can you experience that?

Louroz

Hopefully not for too long. A go cart track does not belong in a city centre lol. And based on the model for the city centre, that area will all be buildings eventually.

But I love how the Go Kart track contrasts with the highway when viewing it from Square One.

How about a rooftop go-cart track?
fiat1.jpg

lucid! that was it! thanks! yeah, good times!

I'm surprised playdium didn't last downtown, the original Mississauga City Centre location is still going strong, however, its probably five times the size and has a massive outdoor section.

Louroz

It's no surprise. Playdium was dreadfully overpriced. You can find cheaper arcades downtown.

Playdium Lands

I believe Playdium and everything north of Rathburn Road is a brilliant use of the land in the heart of the City Centre, similar to the City Place golf course west of Spadina. Instead of sitting vacant and empty for years until, a temporary entertainment venue was created to generate revenue and activity in the area.

The Playdium go kart track, mini golf course, the old rock climbing wall and the outdoor volleyball/basketball court are/were all well used, and again provides a unique experience in the heart of Mississauga.

All the uses north of Rathburn Road has a 20 year lease on the land with an option for another 10 year extension. Most of the venues including Playdium and Coliseum opened around 1996. I suspect we have a good 15- 20 years until this land is needed for anything.

Louroz

the playdium downtown was actually quite nice and unique because of the building. i went there around 6 or 7 years ago, and as i recall, there were different styles of games on each floor. so you'd have sports on one, racing games on another and so on. they also had that rollercoaster simulator which was pretty cool.

plus the location was nice. sure beats going to mississagua when you live in richmond hill and the only way to get there is by public transit.

Easier to Get to Mississauga Now

It's easier to get to Mississauga now from Richmond Hill. The 407 GO Express Service will take you to Mississauga City Centre and to the door steps of Playdium in 30 minutes.

Louroz

not bad. sure beats the 2.5 hour commute via YRT/TTC/MT.

Tidbit...Steve Ireson has jonied the Circa team as a promotions person. Many in the queer community will remember him from his many parties and his tenure promoting the very successful Sunday nights at IT earlier this decade. Also, Fab Magazine's Rolyn Chamber's will be promoting the club to the queer community as well.

It looks like Gatien & Co. are going gung-ho about making this queer-positive space (which is really essential if he hopes to accomplish the kind of environment he seems to want). Still, I'm not 100% sure the queers will flock to the district, but I could be proven wrong.

Back