8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Pics from recent rides.
Image33.jpg

From the DMAP:
New: Natural Area (public washroom facility - 1 building)
View attachment 514378
Going to be nice to have this, enjoy the new skating trail they put through here in the winter.

View attachment 514379

More context:

View attachment 514382
This area is fantastic. There is even a little kiosk serving coffee+pastries open most of the time.

The existing washrooms are adequate, but maybe not operable in the winter? If that isn't the issue then I would say there are probably other places without current washrooms that could use this more, but hard to complain here! Hopefully they replace the shitters beside the nice new playground at Edworthy Park soon, too - those ones can really stink and waft over to the playground.

This is great. My son and I used to ride our bikes down 2nd street, and it's surprising what a pain it was having to use the detour. Not so much for me, but from a safety standpoint for my son, the detour wasn't good. It really makes me appreciate what we have for 2nd street.

Does anyone know what the plan is for the north shore of the elbow river in mission? They have cleared out a ton of bushes and brush over the past couple weeks, its completely opened up now.

Could be a really nice little urban beach area

Does anyone know what the plan is for the north shore of the elbow river in mission? They have cleared out a ton of bushes and brush over the past couple weeks, its completely opened up now.

Could be a really nice little urban beach area
Not sure if this is the exact location you mean but I think they are doing bridge rehab at 4th Street and the bridge will be closed for like 6 months, so perhaps it's prep for that?

Not sure if this is the exact location you mean but I think they are doing bridge rehab at 4th Street and the bridge will be closed for like 6 months, so perhaps it's prep for that?
Thats what i thought at first, until i went past and was able to have a look, it seems they've cleared much further than what would be necessary for the bridge work. But i might be wrong.

This is the area:

1000015220.jpg

Heres how it looks:

1000015169.jpg

Attachments

• 1000015169.jpg
    1000015169.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 3

Back