News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Ryerson and this new development are really changing this sketchy area of Toronto.

Sept 30-08
What the area looks like to the south if City decide to go south for expansion.
2902929599_5de4124a9b_b.jpg

2902928321_9c5a456d57_b.jpg

That unfinished building could come down and City could use it with a building over the driveway. The steel, decking, stairs and railing are in place for the third floor with provision for more steel to be added to the current steel framing.
2902927029_c05b0ef93c_b.jpg

That unfinished building could come down and City could use it with a building over the driveway. The steel, decking, stairs and railing are in place for the third floor with provision for more steel to be added to the current steel framing.

"That unfinished building" is Hakim Optical and, pathetic though it is, it has its own thread. I assume that if Omni needed more space they would have talked to Hakim as it DOES make sense to me to 'merge' these two buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm impressed at how long Rogers has been able to keep the final rendering away from the public. Perhaps that rendering we saw was indeed the final rendering?

Either way, considering all the work is going on inside – turning a thematic building into a full featured TV network – I expect the outside construction to come last.

Or, not at all.

I hope you're wrong because that outside needs a big change. They put a number of HUGE VAC units on the roof. I would imagine, being a TV station, that the visuals would be pretty important. How would it look to just leave those ugly units exposed to the square? UGLY! I'm sure they are going to cover those monsters up, with advertising or something. God help Dundas Square, if they don't!

I hope you're wrong because that outside needs a big change. They put a number of HUGE VAC units on the roof. I would imagine, being a TV station, that the visuals would be pretty important. How would it look to just leave those ugly units exposed to the square? UGLY! I'm sure they are going to cover those monsters up, with advertising or something. God help Dundas Square, if they don't!

Who does the planning here? Five years or so ago before Dundas Square they had the operatunity to transform this area into a world class square and this is what we get.What a shame.

The most frustrating thing is that the area was cleared, we were essentially starting from scratch, so something really special could have been done here. Even TLS was in the hands of the city, originally, and look what came out of it. When you have a great opportunity (which doesn't come along very often, in this city) to create a unique and beautiful space in the city, and then we get things like TLS and Dundas Square, with that UGLY stage, it starts to get a little depressing. We must have some of the worst politicians anywhere. There is no good excuse for it. That area should have been spectacular!

The most frustrating thing is that the area was cleared, we were essentially starting from scratch, so something really special could have been done here. Even TLS was in the hands of the city, originally, and look what came out of it. When you have a great opportunity (which doesn't come along very often, in this city) to create a unique and beautiful space in the city, and then we get things like TLS and Dundas Square, with that UGLY stage, it starts to get a little depressing. We must have some of the worst politicians anywhere. There is no good excuse for it. That area should have been spectacular!

What we tend to forget is that these politicians are in for the money not from the heart, most of them were born and raised far away from Toronto but rave how they love Toronto.As far as i am concerned most of this new clan at City Hall are a bunch of con artists that only care about themselves and couldnt care less about the residents of this city and in what direction to take Toronto.

Hot air.

What we tend to forget is that these politicians are in for the money not from the heart, most of them were born and raised far away from Toronto but rave how they love Toronto.As far as i am concerned most of this new clan at City Hall are a bunch of con artists that only care about themselves and couldnt care less about the residents of this city and in what direction to take Toronto.

Tend to forget?

Maybe you can inform us about which politician made it rich off of TLS? Also, is anyone who was born and raised far from Toronto incapable of loving the city or contributing to it? Can you show at least a tiny bit of verifiable evidence that one or more city councillors are con artists - or guilty of what would stand as a legal definition of such a specific criminal activity?

As far as I'm concerned, plenty of time is waisted when people decide to award false blame to the wrong people, or to willfully confuse issues.

Back