News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think you have that a tad backwards,

I don't.

CTV has managed to let the brands basically live as they did before the take over,

Not really.

but for the most part CTV has improved on some of the Chum brands.

Not really.

And this whole CTV hates Rogers and is being hostile to get them out faster is just silly.

Things were tense, but fine until CTV attacked rogers with their anti cable campaign.

Sure CTV wants the space but do you guys have any idea the rent being paid right now to CTV?

Yes, do you?

Scaffolding around the building is coming down and the hoarding is also being removed.

Right on schedule. Executive, journalism and editing staff are moving in over the next couple of weeks. They need the entrance on the south edge on Victoria to be hoarding free.

Looks like BT will indeed meet the Aug 17 deadline.

I came across this awhile ago, but lost the link.

Just before CHUM went under, they where in the building stages to replace the speakers corner at 299 Queen St West with a updated booth;
skwreflect2.jpg

speakerscornerentry.jpg

Anyone think Rogers may, just maybe install speakers corner again at the new site? I know it's along shot but they did hint they may bring it back in some form.

Source: FeatureFactory

Damn! They actually finished the fabrication of the thing and it never went up :-(

Well, if it weren't for the radio station going in the base of the Torch tower, that would be a good location for it.

Other than that, Rogers is stretched very thin for space at CityTV and OMNI's new HQ.

Damn! They actually finished the fabrication of the thing and it never went up :-(

Well, if it weren't for the radio station going in the base of the Torch tower, that would be a good location for it.

Other than that, Rogers is stretched very thin for space at CityTV and OMNI's new HQ.

They can always place it in Dundas Square, have a small booth built to house it or attach it to the small building already there.

It would work great in that little orphaned space at the corner of Dundas/Victoria

I think you mean the "underhang" where the streetcar turning track is. It would certainly add to the excitement if a new Speakers' Corner" were installed there with visuals added so that one could see speakers being run over by a Red Rocket. :)

I don't.

Not really.

Not really.

Things were tense, but fine until CTV attacked rogers with their anti cable campaign.

Yes, do you?

What an insightful post. And the anti-cable campaign is bogus. How is it that sportsnet, the same type of license as TSN, is included on basic cable? And why is that TSN2 which is just an extension of the original license, not a specialty, is going to billed as such? And how did CTV attack Rogers? by putting the best Jays games on TSN2? by promoting the fact that you can't get it on rogers? If rogers wasn't a provider and a broadcaster this wouldn't be a problem, what a conflict of interests.

What an angry little post.

And the anti-cable campaign is bogus.

Why is it bogus? Are you claiming it didn't happen?

what a conflict of interests.

Similar to CTV owning MTV and Much Music. Newsnet and CP24.

Why so angry? it's just TV.

What an angry little post.

Why is it bogus? Are you claiming it didn't happen?

Similar to CTV owning MTV and Much Music. Newsnet and CP24.

Why so angry? it's just TV.

No I'm saying there was hardly an anti-cable campaign by CTV, there was however an agenda by rogers to use their position as a provider to bury their competition as a broadcaster, hardly fair business practices.

MTV is a lifestyle channel by definition of their license, no music videos. Much on the other hand is a music channel that abandoned music well before CTV ever bought them. NewsNet is a national license while CP24 is a regional license, there is a difference between the two.

Nobody is angry, but one words answers are hardly an engaging conversation. If you take a position, back it up. The fact remains that Rogers tends to bush wack anything it purchases, City TV is a sad reflection of what it once was and it's only been owned by Rogers for what two years?

No I'm saying there was hardly an anti-cable campaign by CTV,

Maybe you missed it, but there was a big campaign....but it got pulled when the CRTC slapped them down and told them to rein it in.

there was however an agenda by rogers to use their position as a provider to bury their competition as a broadcaster, hardly fair business practices.

Where do you get this stuff? It was the broadcasters that were demanding Rogers pay them for their "content", while still providing free broadcasts. It was also the broadcasters who demanded that Rogers carry their signals, on the basic tier, free of charge, when cable first started up. They can't have it both ways....like the CRTC told them.

MTV is a lifestyle channel by definition of their license, no music videos.

That's because their license is actually for "TalkTV" which failed miserably, so they just applied it to MTV...that's why they're not allowed to play music videos, on MTV.

Much on the other hand is a music channel that abandoned music well before CTV ever bought them.

So, you're suggesting that MuchMusic doesn't play music videos? Check again.

NewsNet is a national license while CP24 is a regional license, there is a difference between the two.

there amy be difference in license, but the content is largly the same....poorly reported, unverified 30 second sound bites.

The fact remains that Rogers tends to bush wack anything it purchases

A fact?

If you take a position, back it up.

Rather hypocritical of you...eat your words.

Fee for carriage is something that should have been implemented a long time ago, and the CRTC hasn't ruled it out completely. Why should Rogers get to charge what ever they want without paying the creator of the content? it's free over the air, because the network pays for either the transmission tower or payes a transmission fee (CN Tower) Rogers gets the profit of selling the service while not passing along anything to the creator.

You can't really compare todays broadcasting environment with one from 1978, with the advent of digital/ specialty the playing field isn't equal anymore.

I'm still curious to know your position RE: TSN2 being billed as a specialty network rather than the same tier as TSN and why is it that Sportsnet get to be billed as basic?

Your saying Much Music plays alot of videos these days? Hardly, the filled their primetime schedule with talk/life crap years ago. on average you get about 9-12 hours out of 24 playing videos.

Aside from what you think of the content of CP24 v NewsNet they are infact two different licenses serving two different markets, they just happen to over lap in Toronto.

So you obviously work for Rogers, I'm wondering in what capacity?

Back