News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I think that the Gallery will lose it's "parking garage" look once the glass goes up.
I was a little concerned at first with the dark grey glass and trim, however it looks better now that more cladding has gone up, and there is a mix of materials (see the townhouses/Gallery).
I cant wait to see what that street corner is going to look like once Neo and Montage are up. Even better, once Signature goes up, the corner of Spadina and Bremner (and Fort York Blvd) will be VERY VERY different.

From PCL Website:

(as of Jan. 30/07)

With both towers topped off, we are now concentrating on pushing the finishes up the building as we head for a June 2008 interim occupancy. Both towers have closed in their elevator machine rooms and our elevator supplier has begun to install all of the machines and controllers. There are still a few floors without window wall at the top of each tower but these should be closed in during the coming weeks. Mechanical equipment is being loaded into the mechanical penthouses of each tower. Finishes are progressing up the building at a good pace with PPDI inspections having been completed in roughly 350 suites; 120 suites have been signed off as successfully complete. Commissioning and verification of systems is due to start in February.

0900341_1_300.jpg

Concord Adex is now marketing the park component of the project... does anyone know when this as well as the public school/community centre will get underway?

Are there any plans to build some streetfront retail in this project? Otherwise it's just lifeless vertical sprawl of the type you see in MCC.

not really anything you would call downtown-scale storefronts...they're all pretty expansive and spaced apart, with frequent interruptions, right? i've seen a bank here and there, and that's it.

Are there any plans to build some streetfront retail in this project? Otherwise it's just lifeless vertical sprawl of the type you see in MCC.

The west side is supposedly supposed to have an extensive streetfront presence.

I was in the area last night and it's feeling more and more like a neighborhood then ever. Restaurants, coffee shops and a video store, not to mention pedestrian traffic when no Jays game was on not that that helps any.

I live directly across, and facing West One. It's missing a cover over a vent somewhere near the 42nd floor. I'm wondering when they'll replace it (if ever!?). I think there'll be similar retail to HVE, which has a TD, Dairy Queen/Orange Julius, The Spot Café, St. Louis Wings (and a just closed optical). Starbucks is apparently eyeing the area too, and judging by the Spot, it'd be an apparent success.

There's going to be a grocery store and a LCBO on the west side.

Re: City Place's West One

Thanks for the pic. I love the colour and the angle. I can remember when I was little how bare that part of the city was, meh, I don't miss the parking lots that much.

Those were taken by 401_King of skyscraperpage.com.

Nice pic. All things considered the Infinity buildings turned out quite well. One of the few instances where the finished product looks better than the initial renderings. I hope the same is true of Maple Leaf sq.

Back