News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I saw the air show this year for the first time in several years, from the Island. A few times they did seem amazingly low, but never within any dangerous range of downtown towers, etc. The majority of it was over water, although obviously not all of it. I was quite impressed. It takes real skill to fly as these guys do. It's always enjoyable to watch people who are evidently among the best at their jobs.

I don't think they did any colour smoke trails. One team did do a "petal burst" manoeuvre, which impressed me considerably.

As for noise, it's a couple of hours. Not as bad as the car race in July.

Don't know if it's worth a mention but the Blue Angels, the decibel leaders in the recent show, haven't been to Toronto since 1983. People will drive hundreds of miles to see them. This was their only Canadian appearance this year.

Very very nice vids. About 15 years ago there was a open-to-the-public walk around of the air show aircraft at Pearson.

Does anyone here remember the dusk CNE airshow about 6 years ago? The only aircraft were military jets and they just whipped around in afterburner. The glowing exhaust was about 10 feet out the back; very cool indeed.

People forget that a large part of the reason the Air Force participates in air shows is public relations. They generally believe that putting on a show for the public is a good way to show them what their tax dollars are buying and to show gratitude. The Snowbirds costs tens of millions of dollars a year and provide no real benefit to the air force beyond public relations. However, the Air Force maintains the squadron as a gesture of appreciation for the public. I can guarantee all of you, that if the public in Toronto truly feels that the show is unnecessary, the Air Force would be more than willing to cancel its performances here. Why waste the fuel, the crew time and the airframe hours on an audience that does not care for it?

I can guarantee all of you, that if the public in Toronto truly feels that the show is unnecessary, the Air Force would be more than willing to cancel its performances here. Why waste the fuel, the crew time and the airframe hours on an audience that does not care for it?

I hope not, because in this great diverse country all it takes is a handfull of certain individuals to change what Canada has enjoyed for many years.

To echo some of these sentiments... what a bunch of whiners.

it's for 4 days in the ENTIRE year, and it's the long weekend.

My house is right at Queen and strachan, and they do make noise... but so does the HONDA INDY, the gardiner is 24/7.

Thats' why it makes me want to live where I live. I get to enjoy all the bustling activities and festivals right at the front steps.

There is peace and quiet in Caledon, Ajax, King cityetc... oh wait, you probably want to be close to restaurants, shopping, nightlife, the 'bustling' city life...

To echo some of these sentiments... what a bunch of whiners.
it's for 4 days in the ENTIRE year, and it's the long weekend.

My house is right at Queen and strachan, and they do make noise... but so does the HONDA INDY, the gardiner is 24/7.

Thats' why it makes me want to live where I live. I get to enjoy all the bustling activities and festivals right at the front steps.

Right-On....Cheers,:) from South Parkdale

There is peace and quiet in Caledon, Ajax, King cityetc... oh wait, you probably want to be close to restaurants, shopping, nightlife, the 'bustling' city life...

Ironically, those areas have low level CF helicopter training routes which allow Griffons to fly at around 200 feet off the ground at 100+ knots, and they generate at best a handful of complaints.

If this is the response an air show gets in Toronto, I wonder what Torontonians would think about this:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/September2009/07/c9881.html

that is a generalization. our freedoms don't come from the military alone. when you break it down, all kinds of sectors of society come together and are responsible for our freedoms. it would be too numerous to name them all. of course there's all kinds of sectors that want to take away our freedoms and these include military sectors. heck, the reason why we have a military is to protect us from other militaries who want to take away our freedoms. :p so if you wanna be be accurate, the canadian military plays an important role in defending us which lets us continue in our relatively free ways. they do alot of the dangerous stuff and sometimes have to sacrifice their lives in combat to get the job done.

However, the military did give him the freedom to post his asinine comments anonymously to a wide global audience, as the Internet was developed by the United States military.

However, the military did give him the freedom to post his asinine comments anonymously to a wide global audience, as the Internet was developed by the United States military.

BS! everybody knows al gore invented the internet!

I've been obsessed with aviation since I was about 4, and this year was the first time I actually went to the CNE airshow. It was good fun, especially the crazy stuff the F-22 Raptor can pull, but it did make me wanna start shouting America! Fuck Yeah! Coming again, to save the mother fucking day, yeah!

ON Tuesday afternoon, I saw the Snowbirds ( I think) flying in formation west over King Street...it appeared to be directly over King street....I wish I'd had my camera, it was the coolest looking thing since I saw the Harrier JumpJet hovering over Queen and Sherbourn a few years ago.

Back