8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

carturo15

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I went to my finishes selection today for Victory Condos and I was surpised to see a beautiful white laminate wood floor, it looks really stunning to me, something unique. I am tired of seeing the same brownish colors on floors and kitchens and I would like something different. What do you think? will it look tacky? what would be a good kitchen cabinet color combination for a white floor?

Is this a solid white laminate, or a white or bleached wood pattern?

I have seen white epoxy floors which looks really stunning and modern (especially if the room is mostly white or in a loft setting). This is a very durable finish and is poured directly over the concrete slab.

I am concerned about keeping it clean, especially cleaning off scuff marks from shoes or furniture, but it won't show dust like dark floors.

Market Wharf offers a white porcelain tile throughout as an alternative to wood.

Is this a solid white laminate, or a white or bleached wood pattern?

I have seen white epoxy floors which looks really stunning and modern (especially if the room is mostly white or in a loft setting). This is a very durable finish and is poured directly over the concrete slab.

I am concerned about keeping it clean, especially cleaning off scuff marks from shoes or furniture, but it won't show dust like dark floors.

Market Wharf offers a white porcelain tile throughout as an alternative to wood.

It's not a solid white laminate, it's a white wood pattern and there are 4 options for the kitchen cabinets, a light oak, dark brown, medium brown and a white.

does it look like this or is it even whiter?

oak_white_wash_1.jpg

I actually like the look of white stained or lime washed wood floors -- I think natural finish looks too yellow.

too much whiter, I would say something like this white, but it is not solid white, it has a wood white pattern:

Attachments

• urban-space-apartment.jpg
    urban-space-apartment.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 298
Is it along the lines of something like this?

white_wood_l.jpg

Even if not exactly like that, I think I get the idea you're presenting and if you ask me I don't think it's tacky at all. First, clearly the pic you attached is not tacky. So the question really is since wood is normally of a brown colour would white wood seem tacky? I don't think so at all.

It sounds like you love it! Hey, I give props to you for liking something outside of the norm and if you design and furnish the unit with the big picture in mind then these floors are going to look even more awesome. They definitely will make a great "background" to your furniture. So the only thing to keep in mind is that so long as your furniture isn't tacky then these floors won't be tacky. :)

the unit has a linear kitchen against the wall. How about the kitchen cupboards in white as well with a black countertop? the fridge and the dishwaher are fully integrated with a panel same colour as kitchen cabinets so the only visible appliances are the stainless oven, the stainless microwave and the cooktop. so everything is white, floors, kitchen and walls, exposed concrete ceilings and a black countertop. will it look good?

the unit has a linear kitchen against the wall. How about the kitchen cupboards in white as well with a black countertop? the fridge and the dishwaher are fully integrated with a panel same colour as kitchen cabinets so the only visible appliances are the stainless oven, the stainless microwave and the cooktop. so everything is white, floors, kitchen and walls, exposed concrete ceilings and a black countertop. will it look good?

i'd go with a lighter countertop b/c black will stick out like a sore thumb in a all white unit

My kitchen finishes were inspired by a well know Toronto Interior Designer's advise. Here is what I did, and yes I have white floors!

Flooring: White
Cabinets: Light Wood (Mine are natural Maple)
Backsplash: White Tile
Counter Top: Nero Absoluto (Black) Granite
Appliances: Black

This combination looks absolutely stunning. When I did the PDI for my condo, the PDI Agent commented how great my kitchen looked. She also mentioned that in her job there are only two types of suites they remember, the really ugly ones and the really great looking ones! Good Luck on making your selections!

My kitchen finishes were inspired by a well know Toronto Interior Designer's advise. Here is what I did, and yes I have white floors!

Flooring: White
Cabinets: Light Wood (Mine are natural Maple)
Backsplash: White Tile
Counter Top: Nero Absoluto (Black) Granite
Appliances: Black

This combination looks absolutely stunning. When I did the PDI for my condo, the PDI Agent commented how great my kitchen looked. She also mentioned that in her job there are only two types of suites they remember, the really ugly ones and the really great looking ones! Good Luck on making your selections!

could you post a pic ... that would give us and carturo15 a visual

I like that white wood pattern. It's both modern while still adding some character, and you could break it up with area rugs.
If you really like it than go for it!

I really like the white on white interior scheme (which has been overplayed but timeless if done right), but I know it's not for everyone.

carturo15 ... here's my colour choices ... looking at this it seems like my choices were quite similar to CityTownBoy's ... I'm with you on the bleached / light coloured wood flooring

IMG_4904.jpg

I chose black granite and medium brown cabinets because the combination works well in my eyes ... plus I wanted some contrast from the very pale flooring colour that I chose

I'm not a big fan of the commonly used grey granite .... but I suppose its just personal preference :D

Back