News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

anyone know whats going on here? The website is dead and the project has been removed from Liberty's website. The buildings on site were demolished a while ago but the site has had no activity on it for a while, or at least it didn't when I went by a few weeks ago.

anyone know whats going on here? The website is dead and the project has been removed from Liberty's website. The buildings on site were demolished a while ago but the site has had no activity on it for a while, or at least it didn't when I went by a few weeks ago.

the project has been cancelled, more to come

untitled.jpg

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 345
wow this sucks. Keep in mind there was an office component to this project, wonder if the lack of tenants attributed to the cancellation.
Perhaps they realized they can charge more for the condos?

The office part was going to be handled as a office condo like their other project on the other side of the 400, from my understanding. They also had a hotel component.

Banks have apparently become much tighter on lending, projects with higher risk or lower margins don't get the attention they once did.

Ooo wow surely didn't expect the project to be cancelled in such strong market with strong sales

but on the other hand, one less (unsightly) building by Liberty is a good thing

I wonder if this is sign that the condo market is catching up to the housing market. Particularly in the suburbs.

I drive by Centro at Hwy 7 + Weston and it looks like it's barely occupied. Currently there are over 20 units for sale on Realtor.ca

Has the speculation market on condos cooling too now?

I wonder how this will affect the rest of VMC.

I was so hoping for the Jetsons-like flying cars once the project is completed, as per their advertising.

Back