News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Looks to be one going up (maybe coming down?) in UD, not sure for what.

IMG_0370.jpeg

Last edited:
What cranes are up in the downtown currently aside from the Broward and 4th Street Lofts? I haven't seen any others recently from where I'm located in the downtown core or when commuting in/out. I definitely recall far more cranes in the downtown when I moved here initially.

At least we’ll have a bunch of cranes going up in the Beltline over the next year or so. Probably 4(??) for the arena, then Yellowstone, and possibly Nest, Brooklyn, and Sovereign, as none of those three have any demolition to hold back excavation once they get moving. I feel like I’m forgetting one or two though? 🤔

What cranes are up in the downtown currently aside from the Broward and 4th Street Lofts? I haven't seen any others recently from where I'm located in the downtown core or when commuting in/out. I definitely recall far more cranes in the downtown when I moved here initially.
There are actually a few others...a crane on top of that building being renovated next to Telus Sky, and also one for the Glenbow. Neither are new construction, of course, but still substantial building projects.

As for new cranes in the near future, I would still wager the 3rd building of West Village Towers will be starting up soon. Just based on the fact that Cidex tends to be one of the more bullish local developers.

At least we’ll have a bunch of cranes going up in the Beltline over the next year or so. Probably 4(??) for the arena, then Yellowstone, and possibly Nest, Brooklyn, and Sovereign, as none of those three have any demolition to hold back excavation once they get moving. I feel like I’m forgetting one or two though? 🤔
Any one of Truman's numerous buildings from the couple on 11th to the one on 10th and on 17th.

Francesco, possibly. Looks to be close to starting construction. Possibly West Village tower 3

Right! It was Fishmans I was thinking of (Francesco), and completely forgot about WV3.

I didn’t really count Truman’s towers because they don’t seem to be moving on them at all yet. But they’re definitely a possibility.

Right! It was Fishmans I was thinking of (Francesco), and completely forgot about WV3.

I didn’t really count Truman’s towers because they don’t seem to be moving on them at all yet. But they’re definitely a possibility.
Anyone know when the WV3 will start? Every time I pass by was a big hole …

I bet they will start Imperia first, the building is approved and the site ready to go. The First & Tenth site still have active tenants (I think?) and Lincoln is not yet approved.

August is vacation time for much of the development industry, so I am hopeful that we might see a few projects break ground after Labour Day.

Back