News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Working in the area of the event centre today. Wow it’s huge. How many cranes will this site have? 3 or 4 I would guess?
I would say 2 at the very least. With Yellowstone moving along, and what looks like Imperia and Francesco coming online, as well as the strong possibility of Nest and 526 4th, we should see the crane count into the 20s for a while.

It’s 2 city blocks, will definitely be 4 cranes here.

There’s a few other ones likely to go ahead soon as well Surreal. Could see the crane count hit 30 again.

4 cranes for Event Centre, 1 each for Imperia, Yellowstone, Francesca's, 526 4th and the Arts Commons addition seem like sure bets. Still hopeful but not supremely confident about Sovereign and Nest, and would not be surprised to see Gallery First & Tenth and WVT Tower 3 go ahead before them. And we will likely see more cranes for residential conversions that are upcoming.

Of course, the challenge is that we are losing cranes at the same time, so by the time a crane is up at these sites, cranes will be coming down at 4 St Lofts, Enzo and others, so it's still going to be a tough go to get us to 30+ cranes.

I’ve been staring at this crane at the next phase in Emerald Sky in Kincora for months thinking it was just another unmanned crane. After taking a closer look it actually has a control pod up high to operate from above. Any opinions if it should be added?
IMG_2612.jpeg

I’ve been staring at this crane at the next phase in Emerald Sky in Kincora for months thinking it was just another unmanned crane. After taking a closer look it actually has a control pod up high to operate from above. Any opinions if it should be added?
Just my two cents, but if it's manned it should be added.

It’s a gray area, but with a manned pod, I think you could call it a tower crane.
There’s not much difference from many of the luffing cranes usually on the list and that one at Emerald Sky.

I think the most important distinction of a tower crane is whether or not it's rooted in the ground. If it's just a portable crane vehicle, then it probably shouldn't be added to the crane count. (Ex. The BMO centre)

Back