News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

For anyone wanting to attend the bike lecture noted above.

Screenshot_20231013-052526_Samsung Internet.jpg

There is also a special Halloween Critical Mass ride on Oct. 27 at 5pm starting at Churchill Square.

Screenshot_20231013-055205_Facebook.jpg

I would like Lime to try something similar. The advantage to Bixi is obviously the docking stations.

I do think there would be a drop off from summer use, but winter tires can really make winter riding extremely comfortable.

We badly need bike share. And I think it needs to be integrated with transit so you can use ARC for both. The $10/month model is insane value and if you basically did free biking for anyone with an existing transit pass, I bet they could create a good boost.

With more trains coming onto the network soon, bike to train station connections are a big draw. Bike to bus stop never attracts the same usage. But every Valley line stop should have a dock, every community league, all libraries, rec centres, shopping centres, universities /high schools and of course mainstreets/downtown.

The ridership for super expensive Lime stuff should be proof that demand is there

We badly need bike share. And I think it needs to be integrated with transit so you can use ARC for both. The $10/month model is insane value and if you basically did free biking for anyone with an existing transit pass, I bet they could create a good boost.

With more trains coming onto the network soon, bike to train station connections are a big draw. Bike to bus stop never attracts the same usage. But every Valley line stop should have a dock, every community league, all libraries, rec centres, shopping centres, universities /high schools and of course mainstreets/downtown.

The ridership for super expensive Lime stuff should be proof that demand is there
Yes, Lime gets a ton of usage at $4/10 mins or $12/hour. Imagine the ridership (even for acoustic bikes) with some public subsidy.

Bike share would be icing on the cake!

Hey just found a tool online that does a pretty solid job of routing on pathways. It uses open street maps which tends to be more up to date than what google or the city have on their pages. You can customize the heck out of it to exclusively use roads or pathways. I've been adding a ton of the cycling "routes" to the map so it can help with the routing engine to have preference to these routes. Not sure if it would help anyone out, but thought i would share with cycling enthusiasts. It's also a great tool to look at gaps to help on advocacy and I believe its incorporated into a few apps according to the info page. If you got any pathway / safe streets "routes" you enjoy or see missing i love to bike them and add them into the map as i get around.

here is a link with the setup for the waymarked trails on Edmonton area:
https://brouter.de/brouter-web/#map=11/53.5358/-113.4977/standard,Waymarked_Trails-Cycling

Misguided, but I get why. Looks like it could easily be converted to bike parking in a day.

I wonder if that is partially a reason behind the stupid design.

It looks to me like bike lanes on either side of a two-lane auto way -- barely finished, ready for signs and striping. Patience is a virgin.

Why not just turn the bike lane so parking remains outside of the lane?? Like the squiggles aren’t great…straight is better. But UNPROTECTED is pointless. Why have people parking and opening doors into a bike lane in 2023. Don’t build it if it’s going to be wrong.
I completely agree. Not sure as I haven't been around there in a year or two but is there not still angle parking on both sides of 110th st just north of this? Is it really worth screwing up this bike lane just for two whole street parking spots?

Back