News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Are these new bike lanes a result of the fast-tracked $100 million investment? It'd be cool to see results based on that decision this fast!

Are these new bike lanes a result of the fast-tracked $100 million investment? It'd be cool to see results based on that decision this fast!

These are from the Garneau Neighbourhood Renewal and were planned/funded before the $100M.

Timeline for the $100M funded bike lanes (posted earlier in this thread):
IMG_5428.jpeg

Looking forward to engagement starting in 2024!

^ the very first route that needs to be prioritized is completing the bike lane on 100 ave between 116 and 109... I get they seem to be trying to align it with the neighbourhood renewal but that's not really slated to occur until 2026 which means it won't be open for four more calendar years, minimum. Totally unacceptable given what a gaping hole it is in the very core of our bike lane network.

Especially with the summer MUP on the blocked off Vic Park Rd lane and bike lanes on the promenade. Great ride but then you're stuck with either illegally riding down the sidewalk or take your chances on the two lane road if you're trying to get further into downtown.

Always felt we need something coming out of the North Central area. I have come down 97st a few times and there is no good crossing at the yellowhead 125 ave section. The Only defined N/S route i felt was decent was 127st.

Hard to find an easy route south from 137 ave.

Please fill out the Oliver Neighbourhood Renewal survey before this Friday!

This will be the largest and one of the most impactful renewals (# of residents and daily visitors) of all neighborhood renewals. These only come every 30-40 years!

Thanks @thommyjo - I reiterated to them the importance of the 100 Ave bike lane expansion, a redo of the 121 St bike lanes and the Jasper Ave renewal from 114 St to 124 St. I also proposed new parks for Jasper/116 (parking lot), Jasper/114 St (the Regency pit) and 99 Ave/112 St (Eric Cormack Centre).

I went to the Oliver renewal meeting and I really liked one of the ideas presented by one of the attendees.

He suggested turning 121St into something similar to 110 St (rail town park) - a linear park. Making an extension of Paul Kane Park out into 121 Street within that.

I hope the 100 Ave bike lane expansion happens before the actual Oliver renewal project starts in 2026. I believe the 100 Ave project is part of Bike Plan and should be part of the $100 million. This needs to happen asap.

Bike lanes are so passé... I would like to see some dedicated rollerblade/roller-skate lanes (I am tired of having speeding bike riders hit me in the kidneys with their handlebars).

I went to the Oliver renewal meeting and I really liked one of the ideas presented by one of the attendees.

He suggested turning 121St into something similar to 110 St (rail town park) - a linear park. Making an extension of Paul Kane Park out into 121 Street within that.

I hope the 100 Ave bike lane expansion happens before the actual Oliver renewal project starts in 2026. I believe the 100 Ave project is part of Bike Plan and should be part of the $100 million. This needs to happen asap.
Yeah, between valley line, imagine jasper, and bike plan, there’s some real overlaps. Hope the timing is done efficiently.

Not sure if Victoria promenade is fully in scope or not either. I think in needs a full redo and upgrade, not just a repaving.

Not sure on how 121st linear park would work fully, but an interesting idea. There’s some key access points along the road that would be impacted, love the vision though. Maybe half the road could be like a super wide boulevard/park?

A playground in that area would be nice.

Nice is an adjective meaning 'pleasant', 'enjoyable' or 'satisfactory': … a kind of an amorphic blob of an adjective/noun. A "nice" playground says very little about the playground -- is it just "satisfactory" or does its spin your beanie propellor?

Nice is an adjective meaning 'pleasant', 'enjoyable' or 'satisfactory': … a kind of an amorphic blob of an adjective/noun. A "nice" playground says very little about the playground -- is it just "satisfactory" or does its spin your beanie propellor?
A playground in that area would be pleasant and enjoyable 🙂

Back