News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Interesting developments. Does anyone have documents about these changes?

There is a video in your link for the St.. George changes which I have previously discussed in this thread:

The Chesswood work was underway this fall as I recall.

The Bathurst work isn't public yet, I noted previously that consultation on that is coming in the new year.

There is a video in your link for the St.. George changes which I have previously discussed in this thread:

The Chesswood work was underway this fall as I recall.

The Bathurst work isn't public yet, I noted previously that consultation on that is coming in the new year.
I’m mainly referring to the Bathurst and Finch reconstruction especially with the approval of the new 24 storey towery at that intersection it’s about to look a lot different for the first time since the ‘60s lol.

I’m mainly referring to the Bathurst and Finch reconstruction especially with the approval of the new 24 storey towery at that intersection it’s about to look a lot different for the first time since the ‘60s lol.

I mention the Bathurst work in this post:

I am pleasantly suprised with toronto and a mayor. I've been biking around and all the cycling routes I used today have been plowed and salted. The snow storm is ongoing, the road are a mess but the cycle routes aren't to bad. View attachment 447172View attachment 447172

I dont know about other parts of the city but the downtown east side is great.
Went outside today. You can see the tracks for cleaning up the bike lanes
20221224_094127.jpg

Ok, next couple of tidbits:

Cycle Paths for Bathurst, Sheppard to Steeles will go to consultation early next year (tentatively); construction is set for 2024, if Council approves.
Low opposition is hoped for here, for reasons that will make @robmausser particularly happy, the proposed plan is the new cycle path to be in the boulevard (which also means no lane reduction for cars).

This one is just getting hinted at in this tweet:

1672075513829.png

Since I'm here, let me link that Bloor video too:

Lowest bidder solution. The crossings (both cycling and pedestrians) need to be RAISED to nudge the automobiles to slow down.

Not a lowest bidder solution Walter. Designed in-house, pre-tender, with a lot of thought going into it. Perfectly fine to differ w/staff on whether they got the design 'just so'; but lets not mischaracterize things.

A familiar face here at UT, @H4F33Z is launching a campaign for improved cycling infra on Lawrence Avenue East.

1672424943368.png

A link to the website he's set up as well:

From the same:

1672425060640.png

1672425087139.png

1672425156062.png

1672425325482.png

1672425361862.png

1672425404314.png

I want to congratulate Hafeez on some excellent advocacy work here. Its well thought out, and well presented. I would encourage anyone who has the time or interest to follow his campaign and lend a hand if you can.

I for one will see what I can do to be of assistance.

Hafeez, feel free to DM me.

Here's the reason why there is no budget funds in the "Lawrence Project".

The auto is #1 priority in the City of Toronto. Not cyclists. Not pedestrians. Not public transit.

While there certainly is room to increase the Cycling budget; I think you might find that there are non-monetary reasons the Lawrence project has yet to go forward......

If you to look at the Cycling Map for the City, and zoom in on this area.........you might see something..........err........or maybe fail to see something:

1672434520697.png

There seems to a very large blank area is the centre-left of this image with virtually no cycling infrastructure. Just the Meadoway, a one valley trail, and a small bit of Eglinton done as part of the Crosstown project.

I wonder if that blank area corresponds to any known shape...........hmmm. Looks a bit like this maybe:

1672434633181.png

Above: Ward 21 Map

Over to you Councillor Thompson.

The suburban councillors still look at cycling as "recreation", not transportation. They'll likely be the one of many suburbanites who drive 15 minutes in their gas-guzzling SUV to the fitness centre, where they then spend a half-hour on a stationary bicycle, before spending another 15 minutes getting back home.

Back