News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I think we should consider deleting the Dundas East ramp to the northbound DVP. In addition to accessing the DVP from the Gardiner, there are other on-ramps to the northbound DVP at Lakeshore, Eastern, Queen, Bayview and Bloor. By deleting the Dundas ramp both the north side sidewalk and westbound separated bicycle lane can be continuous - keeping both pedestrians and cyclists safer. Also, by deleting northbound vehicles needing to turn left onto the DVP, the eastbound streetcar can proceed without waiting for often times a single car to turn left and clear traffic. Lastly, with no on-ramp to attract commuters there will be fewer cars on River and Dundas, making the Regent Park redevelopment and surrounding area safer and less congested. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think we should consider deleting the Dundas East ramp to the northbound DVP. In addition to accessing the DVP from the Gardiner, there are other on-ramps to the northbound DVP at Lakeshore, Eastern, Queen, Bayview and Bloor. By deleting the Dundas ramp both the north side sidewalk and westbound separated bicycle lane can be continuous - keeping both pedestrians and cyclists safer. Also, by deleting northbound vehicles needing to turn left onto the DVP, the eastbound streetcar can proceed without waiting for often times a single car to turn left and clear traffic. Lastly, with no on-ramp to attract commuters there will be fewer cars on River and Dundas, making the Regent Park redevelopment and surrounding area safer and less congested. Thoughts?
I like a lot of that in principle, and am all for making it safer for pedestrians and cyclists. One drawback I could see is that it would likely push more commuters to Queen which would add more left turns delaying 2 busier streetcar lines (501, 504) at that ramp.

Perhaps a light could be added to Queen at Davies/East Don Roadway with a left turn signal that would clear cars out of the way to prevent the back up on Queen East?

Some cycling news from Mississauga that will have particular appeal to west enders:

1688059708565.png

Info taken from the Two-Wheeled Politics Blog of Robert Zaichkowski

Robert also has some thoughts on getting the connection made between newly approved Bloor West Cycle Tracks in the City and these ones in Mississauga. I largely concur w/his analysis:

1688059966773.png

So really, its entirely up to @Towered to make it happen! LOL

Some cycling news from Mississauga that will have particular appeal to west enders:

View attachment 488729

Info taken from the Two-Wheeled Politics Blog of Robert Zaichkowski

Robert also has some thoughts on getting the connection made between newly approved Bloor West Cycle Tracks in the City and these ones in Mississauga. I largely concur w/his analysis:

View attachment 488730

So really, its entirely up to @Towered to make it happen! LOL
How can I foil my old classmate-now nemesis??

How can I foil my old classmate-now nemesis??

Talk to the folks at Cycle Toronto about being involved in any advocacy efforts in your ward. They can steer you to any local cycling group nearby you locals with better on-the-ground knowledge can work to

a) Persuade some neighbours its a good idea
b) Get petitions signed in favour
c) Mobilize those in favour to come out to depute at Committee when the time comes (likely early next year)
d) Communicate those views to Holyday (unlikely to change his mind, but can't hurt)
e) Communicate those same views (pro-cycle track) to the applicable Committee chair and the Mayor.

Don't forget to come out to the applicable community meeting when it happens.

Last edited:
There is a glaring gap between Betty Sutherland Trail/Duncan Mill Rd, and the Leaside Spur Trail. Are there any plans in the works to correct this?

This would be dedicated bicycle infrastructure along Duncan Mill to Valleybrook (Dr.), then on Valleybrook to Lesmill (Rd.), then on Lesmill to connect to the existing bike lanes over the Richmond Hill line at York Mills.

There is a glaring gap between Betty Sutherland Trail/Duncan Mill Rd, and the Leaside Spur Trail. Are there any plans in the works to correct this?

No immediate work is yet planned, but there are prospective routes/connections in the City's to-look at list.

The City has deemed both Don Mills and Leslie relatively high priorities for cycling facilities in this area (2nd of 4 tiers), and also contemplated cycling facilities on York Mills from the Spur to Banbury north side.

York Mills heading east is also on the list, but is prioritized one tranche lower.

There are a raft of projects staff are considering pursuing next year and in 2025 right now, and I would expect I'll have something to say on that by early fall ( I hope)

The route you suggest is listed as a 'connection' on the 2023 Cycling Map, (suggested route).

No projects in this area are on the 2022-2024 plan.

This is the near-term plan/hope through 2024/25 for eastern North York:

1688434923290.png

Solid Red is designed/approved/implemented. (brighter is new 2022-24)

Pink Dashed is approved.

Red Dashed is subject to study. (some of these studies are already underway)

Overlea on this map is now approved for implementation.

The York Mills lanes over the RH GO bridge need raised curbs, stat. Leslie I believe is planned to be rebuilt in the next few years.

Meadowway update providing detour between Neilson and Conlins segments until other segments complete; I presume the segment connecting to Morningside park is now complete.

Find it strange they opted for detour up Military Trail instead of Conlins (up to Ellesmere).
Screenshot_20230705_101359.jpg

Meadowway update providing detour between Neilson and Conlins segments until other segments complete; I presume the segment connecting to Morningside park is now complete.

Find it strange they opted for detour up Military Trail instead of Conlins (up to Ellesmere).View attachment 490003

1688567965533.png

new bike lanes on Silver star blvd from I believe steeles to Passmore. they were painted just a few days ago. Does anyone else know about this?
IMG_8010.jpg

Back