News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

That's really fast! I worked for a few years at Dixie and Eglinton and lived at Bloor and Spadina. Just over 20 km, but if I tried to make it in less than an hour it would take me most of the morning to cool down. Going home was nicer, as it was slightly downhill most of the way.

We had a gym at work, so I just showered there.
We totally need to normalize a) being a bit sweaty workers but also b) having gyms or showers at workplaces. I feel like there was a trend towards the latter that was at least in part derailed by COVID and the WFH revolution.

We totally need to normalize a) being a bit sweaty workers

No thank you........ LOL. I don't need any such odors in the office.

but also b) having gyms or showers at workplaces. I feel like there was a trend towards the latter that was at least in part derailed by COVID and the WFH revolution.

I do support showers in workplaces where feasible. I think we could definitely do more of this. Lockers/change areas are also required so the work clothes can stay at the office, neatly hung up.

Curbs have finally been installed under the Bloor Kitchener Line rail bridge:

Unfortunately there is still a flex-post section for reasons detailed here:
Your anti-sweat agenda is part of the problem! People get a bit sweaty, man. It's human. If it's hot and they have to walk more than a block between ACs, they will sweat. If they ride a bike, they will sweat. This insistence on living in a sweat-free world where no one has any BO is absurd. It's an individual choice for people to wash and use products etc., which we mostly do because we care how we are perceived. But that's all I'll say for now as we are getting way off topic!

Curbs have finally been installed under the Bloor Kitchener Line rail bridge:

Unfortunately there is still a flex-post section for reasons detailed here:

Kanchan does a good job explaining why we have interim solutions; which don't satisfy everybody:

1721834235890.png

Last edited:
Before I got old/lazy, I would cycle 20km each way to work daily (Nowadays I'm usually Bike Sharing part-way :p ).

I generally found that if I showered at home before leaving, FULLY changed clothes after arrival at work, and wore deodorant, I would generally avoid the BO funk. Also helps to wait a while and cool down a bit before changing to avoid sweating into your fresh clothes. Maybe have a towel rubdown too, if needed.

I used to obsess more about showering at work for some reason when I had a relatively short 7km commute in Ottawa. That extra changing and showering time seems like a waste of time in retrospect.

Sure showering might be easier, but I'm surprised no one's mentioned using disposable body wipes. Simple and easily portable, or you can leave a package at work. Heck, even a small facecloth that you can wash in the sink then hang inconspicuously in your office/cubicle would work.

I work in an office downtown. I would put on some deoderant and change into fresh clothes upon arrival. I don't see the problem?
To be fair, some people show up to work sweaty and they drove there. Not 100% sure commute type is a true indicator of whether you'll show up to work sweaty. Some people sweat just sitting in an office. At least if you biked you earned that sweat. #sweatequity

I appreciate, and may indeed start a good tangent from time to time............but perhaps this one has run its course and we could get back to actual cycling infra and not an extended discussion of perspiration and odoriferous emanation.

To be fair, some people show up to work sweaty and they drove there. Not 100% sure commute type is a true indicator of whether you'll show up to work sweaty. Some people sweat just sitting in an office. At least if you biked you earned that sweat. #sweatequity
Do you do anything here aside from troll post?

I appreciate, and may indeed start a good tangent from time to time............but perhaps this one has run its course and we could get back to actual cycling infra and not an extended discussion of perspiration and odoriferous emanation.

Do you do anything here aside from troll post?
This isn't on the topic of Cycling Infrastructure.

Also no.

I do like the pretty pictures other people post of Toronto though. Specifically the Urban part of it.

As Northern Light indicated, please return to the topic at hand on our little forum on the internet.

Back