News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I don't need definitions, thanks. You applied it to "MAMILs" an already derisive term, in a way that implies you think that of all of them. It's no different from putting a derogatory adjective in front of any group identifier.
Well.... adjectives are useful - I would say there are useful and constructive UTers and some who are not.

It's no different from putting a derogatory adjective in front of any group identifier.
When we use terms like MAMIL, NIMBY or Boomer, do we feel hatred for them? Sarcastic derision maybe, but hatred? Of course not. By your accusation of hate, I don’t think you know what hatred is. But enough on this, let’s get back to our bike lane/path discussion.

Let me do my part to move us along, this is an 'X' / Twitter post from Becky Katz:

From the above:

1722893182171.png

The full sized pics:

1722893206832.png

1722893223015.png

1722893238849.png

I know I complain a lot about construction costs on this forum but I can’t help myself here: $148 million seems outlandish for just over 2km of bike path.

I know bike bridges are included, perhaps there are other public realm improvements/utilities thrown in with this project?

I know I complain a lot about construction costs on this forum but I can’t help myself here: $148 million seems outlandish for just over 2km of bike path.

I know bike bridges are included, perhaps there are other public realm improvements/utilities thrown in with this project?

It is. There's a dedicated thread for discussing that.

My post on this subject, can be found here:

Be assured this is not being left to slide.

Last edited:
Returning to the subject of the fatality at Bloor/Avenue from a short while ago.........

The City has laid a series of by-law infraction charges in relation to the illegally placed garbage bin:

Relevant bits:

1722997060775.png

1722997105575.png

No update yet from Police on any Traffic/Criminal charges.

Looking at the fines above...........I see a problem.......lets review the fees if the firm had obtained the proper permit:

1722997404972.png

My math suggests the permit is quite likely significantly more expensive than the tickets.

That in no way lets this firm off the hook for their role in this tragedy..........but it strikes me as perverse that its more expensive to follow the law than to break it.

Someone did the math on the subway lines and we pay over 2x as much as the Germans did for a comparable line per KM

Back