News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Oh look more sharrows LOVELY...and even better contraflow bike lanes only

Umm, nope.

Cycle Tracks on Broadview north of Cosburn and on O'Connor from Broadview to Pape.

The rest is a mixture of contraflow and sharrows, but you can't be omitting those two significant bits, both of which narrow 4-lane roads to 2-lane.

Last edited:
New survey out for the Leaside Bridge to Danforth Avenue Cycling Connections.

A drop-in event is scheduled for March 7.

Lets put those two bigger bits above down here for discussion.

1708119307517.png

1708119345827.png

Logan is proposed for a full N-S connection, but there are three different variations, I think posting them here might be a bit cluttery/confusing, so I would encourage anyone interested to visit the project page and have a look.

Lets put those two bigger bits above down here for discussion.

View attachment 541116

View attachment 541117

Logan is proposed for a full N-S connection, but there are three different variations, I think posting them here might be a bit cluttery/confusing, so I would encourage anyone interested to visit the project page and have a look.
The two portions you highlighted here look much better than what currently exists. 😊Of the Logan plans, I could handle #1 or #2, but #3 isn't good. The sharrow section just below the bridge looks like an accident waiting to happen though.😢 (except the added lights which might help)

The two portions you highlighted here look much better than what currently exists. 😊Of the Logan plans, I could handle #1 or #2, but #3 isn't good. The sharrow section just below the bridge looks like an accident waiting to happen though.😢 (except the added lights which might help)

Make sure to fill out the survey!

I did.

I expressed support, but noted that I think more parking is provided for than demand merits, so a bit less parking and a bit more streetscaping, ideally as buffer between cycle tracks and vehicles would improve the project further.

Make sure to fill out the survey!

I did.

I expressed support, but noted that I think more parking is provided for than demand merits, so a bit less parking and a bit more streetscaping, ideally as buffer between cycle tracks and vehicles would improve the project further.
Done! Yes, your ideas would be better for sure!

Umm, nope.

Cycle Tracks on Broadview north of Cosburn and on O'Connor from Broadview to Pape.

The rest is a mixture of contraflow and sharrows, but you can't be omitting those two significant bits, both of which narrow 4-lane roads to 2-lane.

You TL : DR'ed Can't be doing that, read the whole thing!
Initially there were typos in the documentation posted by the City that illustrated sharrows along Broadview. Robert Zaichkowski pointed it out on twitter and contacted cycling as it was clearly a mistake in the materials uploaded. They fixed it promptly, but it's likely that @generalcanada saw "original" materials.

This rendering looking south at Broadview/Torrens was included in the flyer put in my letterbox this morning

View attachment 541852

That is the current design.

I'm advocating for removing some of the parking you see on the left to create a landscaped buffer between traffic and the Cycle Track on that side (east) of the road.

West Parkdale Cycling Connections proposed:

Too many images for me to paste them all.

General description, new one-way streets to reduce traffic volumes, new painted and buffered bike lanes (not cycle tracks), on side streets/minor roads.

Project will likely include some geometric improvements for pedestrians/cyclists including turning radii, raised crosswalks and green landscaping, some parking removed.

1708706163829.png

Survey link here:

I have been hunting for information from the city and Eglinton Lawrence councillor about a plan to assess a bike connection over the Allen Road between the two Beltline trails (York in the west and Kay Gardiner to the east). The idea goes back a while, as the current connection is garbage. It was put forth by Colle in 2021 and passed at IEC and Council. The director of transportation services was to conduct a feasibility assessment. That has never happened, as far as I can see.

It came up again in 2022 in a background report by the transport GM, which said the assessment would be done by 2023. That has come and gone and it was never brought up again in IEC or council, that I can find.

I have gone through the bureaucratic ringer. Colle's office has been less than useful. I went to tranpsort directly, and supposedly someone in the there is having her team provide an answer.... eventually.

I know, I know. This is just how a city works. Things are passed and don't necessarily get done. Mayors come and go, staff move around, councillors have other fires to fight. It's still crappy though. Just to assess the feasibility of something should not take three years.

I have been hunting for information from the city and Eglinton Lawrence councillor about a plan to asses a bike connection over the Allen Road between the two Beltline trails (York in the west and Kay Gardiner to the east). The idea goes back a while, as the current connection is garbage. It was put forth by Coun. Mike Colle in 2021 and passed at IEC and Council. The director of transportation services (which would be Barbara Gray) was to conduct a feasibility assessment. That has never happened, as far as I can see.

It came up again in 2022 in a background report by the transport GM, which said the assessment would be done by 2023. That has come and gone and it was never brought up again in IEC or council, that I can find.

I have gone through the bureaucratic ringer. Colle's office has been less than useful. I went to tranpsort directly, and supposedly someone in the there is having her team provide an answer.... eventually.

I know, I know. This is just how a city works. Things are passed and don't necessarily get done. Mayors come and go, staff move around, councillors have other fires to fight. It's still crappy though. Just to assess the feasibility of something should not take three years.
Cycling was looking for input into their next 5-year plan a couple of months ago, THAT is where you should have been commenting & suggesting. I assume their draft Plan is still on www, look at the draft and see if it is there.

Cycling was looking for input into their next 5-year plan a couple of months ago, THAT is where you should have been commenting & suggesting. I assume their draft Plan is still on www, look at the draft and see if it is there.
I commented and gave input during that time, thanks so much for the suggestion :/

Reactions: DSC

Back