News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Let's take drone flight over the proposed Danforth Kingston Complete Street - 12 km of cycle track - starting at Victoria Park ending at Scarborough Golf Club Rd.

Danforth Ave looking west at Victoria Park - the start of the existing cycle track
Danforth - looking west at Vic Park.jpg

Danforth Ave - looking east at Victoria Park along the proposed route
Danforth - looking east at Vic Park.jpg

Danforth Ave - looking west at Warden Ave
Danforth - looking west at Warden.jpeg

Danforth Ave - looking west towards Birchmount Ave
Danforth - looking west towards Birchmount.jpeg

Danforth Ave at the merge with Kingston Rd
Kingston Rd - Danforth merge looking west.jpg

Kingston Rd - looking east towards Sandown Ave / Midland Ave
Kingston Rd - Cliffside looking east towards Midland .jpeg

Kingston Rd - looking west at Brimley Rd
Kingston Rd - Cliffcrest - looking west at Brimley.jpg

Kingston Rd - looking west at St Clair Ave
Kingston Rd - Cliffcrest - looking west at St Clair.jpg

Kingston Rd - looking east at Bellamy Rd
Kingston Rd - looking east at Bellamy.jpeg

Kingston Rd - looking east at Markham Rd
Kingston Rd - looking east at Markham Rd.jpeg

Kingston Rd - looking west at Scarborough Golf Club Rd
Kingston Rd - looking west at Scarborough Golf Club Road.jpeg

A good friend of mine and his wife live in Portugal 6 months of the year (in winter obviously), then spend summers here in Toronto, where they have 2 properties. They were shocked by the bike lanes/cycle tracks that have been installed, remarking, "Wow, Toronto finally decided to get around to joining civilized places!" 🤣

A good friend of mine and his wife live in Portugal 6 months of the year (in winter obviously), then spend summers here in Toronto, where they have 2 properties. They were shocked by the bike lanes/cycle tracks that have been installed, remarking, "Wow, Toronto finally decided to get around to joining civilized places!" 🤣
The peak 30 people an hour using it in the peak season must be thrilled! Also just realized the queensway stretch (with no houses) was lowered to 40 kmph..... Maybe one day the city will stop cripling east/west traffic

The peak 30 people an hour using it in the peak season must be thrilled! Also just realized the queensway stretch (with no houses) was lowered to 40 kmph..... Maybe one day the city will stop cripling east/west traffic
Some of the lowered speed limits are truly insane. But the new bike lanes are needed and necessary.

I'll give you the speed limit point. Lowering the limit to 40 on the Queensway along the stretch between the rail embankment and High Park where there is no residential or commercial is profoundly stupid. Zero justification - I feel some bureaucrats in city hall are patting themselves on the back for implementing Vision Zero initiatives even if they're applied to an area where it's irrelevant. However, nobody is going to drive that slow there, especially since we all know there's no enforcement anyway, so it's all just pointless virtue signalling at taxpayer's expense..

Ironically, the limit is still 50 west of the Humber where there are actual homes, shops and pedestrian activity 🤣

I'll give you the speed limit point. Lowering the limit to 40 on the Queensway along the stretch between the rail embankment and High Park where there is no residential or commercial is profoundly stupid. Zero justification - I feel some bureaucrats in city hall are patting themselves on the back for implementing Vision Zero initiatives even if they're applied to an area where it's irrelevant. However, nobody is going to drive that slow there, especially since we all know there's no enforcement anyway, so it's all just pointless virtue signalling at taxpayer's expense..

Ironically, the limit is still 50 west of the Humber where there are actual homes, shops and pedestrian activity 🤣
I was going 50 and got tailgated pretty hard. I find the city is TERRIBLE at changing speed limit signs. Like a section will go down but only 1 sign is changed despite the document saying the whole street changed.

The speed limit east of the Humber is 40 because the Toronto & East York Community Council made all roads under its jurisdiction max 40. Those west are in the Etobicoke Community Council area where the motorists rule under Holyday! Though there may (MAY) be a few blocks in TEYCC where higher speeds might be OK, it really makes far more sense to impose speed limits for large areas.

What is the thinking behind the 40 km speed limit? Who does it benefit if cars do 40 instead of 50 or 60 on a stroad?

Speed limits like this would make sense downtown. I can't fathom the logic behind having this anywhere in the suburbs.

Back