News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The idiot CEO doesnt have any brains to come out and make an in person statement to the most dangerous TTC accident which has happened since Russell Hill? How long until this clown gets fired?
Is Rick Leary American? Seems to have a bit of an accent...

I take the RT regularly and have never had any issues with it, what boggles my mind though is how it derailed on a straight track. The only thing I can think of is some external factor causing this like debris on the tracks.

I could see it derailing in the underpass if it is going full tilt into the turn but on a straight track.. that is odd unless something was on the tracks.

As it happened to the second car, my immediate thought was that something came loose from the first car, which the second then ran over.

Seeing some photos of the derailment, my guess is that the coupling unit became unattached on the third car and lead it to catch the induction rail (or something else) and thus causing the fourth car to jack up and derail. Wear and tear probably cause the coupling unit to detach on the third car.

You can see the coupling unit on a photo on BlogTo:
https://www.blogto.com/city/2023/07/entire-ttc-line-3-out-service-days-derailment/

I also guess this is where my photos from the McCowan open house can come into play of the affected unit:
20230527_155753.JPG
20230527_160246.JPG
20230527_155805.JPG

Attachments

• 20230527_155753.JPG
    20230527_155753.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 34
The Progressive Conservative Bill Davis imposed the SRT upon Toronto, when the TTC wanted light rail (streetcars) at the time.

Now the (Progressive) Conservative Doug Ford is imposing a "metro" whatever-it-is-called upon Toronto for the Ontario Line.

Be afraid, very afraid.
this is such a reach, lol. Not only was there nothing inherently wrong with building the SRT as the failure came from the negligence of maintaining or upgrading, but trying to link these two proposals together solely by political affiliation is outright disingenuous.

Is he?

Look up the circumstances of his exit from MBTA in Boston.............

Just sayin.....

LOL
Oh you're saying maybe we'll get another nice deja vu safety inquiry case and Leary will "retire" again instead of testifying? ;)

Truthfully i'd prefer he just went through the embarrassment of getting fired.

this is such a reach, lol. Not only was there nothing inherently wrong with building the SRT as the failure came from the negligence of maintaining or upgrading, but trying to link these two proposals together solely by political affiliation is outright disingenuous.

Do we actually know if this failure is actually the result of negligence? I think we should be careful before assigning blame in this particular instance.

AoD

Reactions: PL1

Back