News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

6m should be fine, unless they decide to build a sports arena right there.
It's only going to be a steady stream of mall and condo-bound traffic. Nothing really peak-y.

But it certainly sucks that everyone will have to cross McCowan at street level until something is built across the street. And looking at the plans for that development, (https://toronto.skyrisecities.com/f...168-8m-53s-oxford-properties-sweeny-co.34889/) I guess STC is never going to have an indoor connection to the subway ever? What a downgrade. You'd think Oxford would design the new building to support a future connection to the mall.

It's only going to be a steady stream of mall and condo-bound traffic. Nothing really peak-y.

But it certainly sucks that everyone will have to cross McCowan at street level until something is built across the street. And looking at the plans for that development, (https://toronto.skyrisecities.com/f...168-8m-53s-oxford-properties-sweeny-co.34889/) I guess STC is never going to have an indoor connection to the subway ever? What a downgrade. You'd think Oxford would design the new building to support a future connection to the mall.
Open air baseball stadium in Scarborough. Think of the atmosphere and world class views.

• Haha
Reactions: T3G
I was always surprised at how much pedestrian traffic there was between Scarborough Centre station and Scarborough Town Centre, whenever one of those relatively small trains arrived. Though I never measured the passage width.

Yes - that's right on the east side of McCowan, pointing west. And seems a bit narrow in my mind. Though 6 metres doesn't sound narrow; but the ones that are part of the station seem to be 10 metres.

Good to see the triple escalators in the design.
From aerial maps, the bridge looks to be somewhere between two to three vehicular lanes width.

I was always surprised at how much pedestrian traffic there was between Scarborough Centre station and Scarborough Town Centre, whenever one of those relatively small trains arrived. Though I never measured the passage width.
There's no pedestrian access to Triton Rd directly from the station, so people might go through Scarborough Town Centre to access destinations North of the station.

With the Sheppard subway extension possibly/probably looping down and meeting up with this new STC stop my guess is this will provide a direct link to the mall. They are temporarily closing McCowan rd at the end of August for 5 days for around the clock work to remove the Progress bridge but not the RT bridge. This makes me think that some of this infrastructure may come into play for the sheppard subway line. Alternatively the Brimley stop on the Sheppard line could extend into the mall, not as appealing but possible

So looks like rumors were true that TBM was broken down near 401.

Strabag has 4 lanes of 401 closed today as if the machine is digging underneath

MTO says "Engineering Investigation" but not clear what is going on exactly. The highway cams don't show much.

1719688120251.png

Back