News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The stupid thing about having the (3) on the vehicles is that it's useless information.

By the time the passenger gets to that platform, he/she has already wayfound his/her way to the correct line.

The trains on that track/platform are not interlined with any other route - so it is useless information.
It's not even like a digital or roller sign that states terminus station, which would indicate direction.

By the time the passenger gets to that platform, he/she has already wayfound his/her way to the correct line.

1) I don't think anyone ever meant this to be a wayfinding exercise.

2) I can't imagine that there has never been someone from out of town, who has walked into Kennedy station, seen the trains up in the air, and assumed that is where to go to catch the subway.
2 a) I don't think anyone ever meant this to be a wayfinding exercise.

The stupid thing about having the (3) on the vehicles is that it's useless information.

The trains on that track/platform are not interlined with any other route - so it is useless information.

Maybe they are secretly planning to convert Sheppard to SkyTrain and interline through Scarborough - as in the Michael Schabas Scarborough Wye plan. :)

That would be really useful. The people on the train could look at the reflections in the station windows to see where they are. Great idea :)

its amazing what a fresh coat of paint/vinyl can do to make something look nicer. I actually want to ride that train now. It looks shiny and new (of course its not). These small improvements in appearance and marketing of a service can go a long way to building public buy in for a service if they feel they are riding something enjoyable/special to at least look at even if the state of the rest of the equipment is shameful. Some of the work from Jared Walker AKA @HumanTransit comes to mind.

I'm not suggesting this band-aid cloak should be a solution to our egregiously abysmal funding formula but it is certainly something we could use more of and in fact may yet see more of with the express bus re-branding and 192 Airport Rocket re-branding.

its amazing what a fresh coat of paint/vinyl can do to make something look nicer. I actually want to ride that train now. It looks shiny and new (of course its not). These small improvements in appearance and marketing of a service can go a long way to building public buy in for a service if they feel they are riding something enjoyable/special to at least look at even if the state of the rest of the equipment is shameful. Some of the work from Jared Walker AKA @HumanTransit comes to mind.

I'm not suggesting this band-aid cloak should be a solution to our egregiously abysmal funding formula but it is certainly something we could use more of and in fact may yet see more of with the express bus re-branding and 192 Airport Rocket re-branding.

Its not just appearance (eventually) the RT trains are getting an overhaul. New motors, new brakes and wheels, new interior, etc.

Its costing $150 million so it better be more than just a paint job!!

Back