News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

If the Japanese can lower a station in one day...

...we can do ALL the SRT stations in a month... ...not.

And how much did that cost exactly, Walter?

Not that I expect you to have any real answers, of course.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

The motto of a civil engineer I know is, "anything can be done with enough money".

There's reason those workers were able to complete the job so quickly while the rest of the world takes months. And it's not because they know something the rest of the world doesn't.

It's my understanding that there's already a shortage of workers for our infrastructure projects. Good luck getting 1,200 of them together at the same time without paying ostentatious wages or training costs.

how much would it cost? Take hourly wage x # of hours for the 1 day x 1200 men
A day? Probably took a year to get ready.

This kind of things are much more expensive than the traditional approach. There's a reason we do things with endless closures - because it saves a lot of money!

This kind of things are much more expensive than the traditional approach. There's a reason we do things with endless closures - because it saves a lot of money!

If there was a worker shortage in Japan, I imagine that they also spent a lot of money training those 1200 workers for this one job.

In many cases, a six hour work window has well over half the time wasted setting up and restoring the site. A full closure may be cheaper. Not one day, but a week closure could accomplish more than a half years worth of night closures

In many cases, a six hour work window has well over half the time wasted setting up and restoring the site. A full closure may be cheaper. Not one day, but a week closure could accomplish more than a half years worth of night closures

agreed. Ive read about many cases of these 1 night blitzes... heck they managed to rip up and repave an entire runway overnight in Germany once...and Japan managed to turn 500ft of road that has been obliterated by the 2011 earthquake brand new again in less than a week. Not saying that it wont be cheap, but if people have the spine and logic to have a more aggressive timeline in order to reap the rewards earlier, construction will be that much more tolerant. I can bet that part of the reason why theyre not pushing hard is definitely to keep unionised workers employed as long as possible until the time/costs ratio break even...of course to the public's expense :/

Then you'll get those who will complain about the traffic, dirt, and noise overnight, weekends, or whenever they are home

The Star now referring to the Scarborough RT as LRT. They just cant help themselves. Desperation from this ugly establishment. Must be nice to have a Political media giant to wash the minds of Toronto citizens & provide not solutions to integrate and grow Toronto's suburbs with any respect.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/12/14/girl-harassed-has-hijab-pulled-on-scarborough-lrt.html

Remember im not pro subway over a properly designed and funded LRT network. But this anti-suburban establishment & constant subway assault with absolutely no quality plan to fall back on just makes me want to see the subway built.

The Star now referring to the Scarborough RT as LRT. They just cant help themselves. Desperation from this ugly establishment. Must be nice to have a Political media giant to wash the minds of Toronto citizens & provide not solutions to integrate and grow Toronto's suburbs with any respect.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/12/14/girl-harassed-has-hijab-pulled-on-scarborough-lrt.html

Remember im not pro subway over a properly designed and funded LRT network. But this anti-suburban establishment & constant subway assault with absolutely no quality plan to fall back on just makes me want to see the subway built.

You forget to indict the rest of the Toronto media in your little rant.

Screen shot 2015-12-15 at 1.01.02 AM.png

Screen shot 2015-12-15 at 1.03.25 AM.png

Screen shot 2015-12-15 at 1.03.41 AM.png

Screen shot 2015-12-15 at 1.04.54 AM.png

Screen shot 2015-12-15 at 1.09.50 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-12-15 at 1.01.02 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-12-15 at 1.01.02 AM.png
    79 KB · Views: 554
  • Screen shot 2015-12-15 at 1.03.25 AM.png
    Screen shot 2015-12-15 at 1.03.25 AM.png
    38 KB · Views: 526