News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Looking at the alignment of Kennedy station, it looks obvious that our forefathers were imagining that any extension would be along Eglinton.

B-D can be extended cut-and-cover to Kingston Road to reduce the cost. (the McCowan route can't be done this way due to Highland Creek and another ravine). This extension would connect with the Lakeshore East GO RER and a Kingston Road BRT.

I'm curious about why the extending Line 2 north in the rail corridor north towards Scarborough Centre wasn't considered back in the 1970s. I haven't seen that proposal ever referenced in historical documents.

I'm curious about why the extending Line 2 north in the rail corridor north towards Scarborough Centre wasn't considered back in the 1970s. I haven't seen that proposal ever referenced in historical documents.

When did the plan to develop an STC really take root? It was concurrent with SRT, wasn't it?

In that era, even extending Line 2 to Kipling and Kennedy was a pretty reluctant decision. Line 1 had all the attention in the seventies. There was a pretty firm view that ICTS style technology would handle all lines from those end points outwards. There was a lot of attention on the GO line proposed across the top of the city, but not additional subway lines.

- Paul

Councillor John Campbell's monthly e-newsletter, March edition:

On March 16, I took the Bloor-Danforth line (Line 2) to the end and then got on the SRT – the Scarborough Rapid Transit (line 3). Its old, but it was speedy and on time.

It made me wonder why such serious consideration is being given to the Bloor-Danforth extension adding one-stop and tunneling from Kennedy to Scarborough Town Centre. If you have a view, write us.

Just gonna leave this here.

- Paul

Ford had no problem insulating people when he was alive. He was a horrible person. I'm not sure now that he has managed to kill himself with his excesses, why we should try and whitewash him.

That seems to be in bad taste. Surely after we've suffered the horrific leadership of a terrible person, we should talk as much as possible, so that history doesn't repeat itself, and those evil people who supported such a person, don't have a chance to pull such a stunt again. Though I'm not sure how this is on-topic here ...
tell me will you have the amount of people he had paying respect to him when you die? I was really surprised that the radio station 1010 had stuff all day on him with people calling in and all the nice things people that met him had to say. Lets leave it at that so his kids do not have to grow up and read this nonsense on here with people who talk like they live on the street with no education or class and how posts on this forum gets them all fired up. You know what they say about projection - stuff you are projecting on Ford - right back at you and how you feel about yourself or perhaps are

The problem is the Lakeshore corridor. It could have 2 minute frequency at best. If 1 train goes to pickering, 1 to STC and 1 to Markham, that would give each 10 trains per hour for each branch.
SmartTrack is a John Tory idea and Metrolinx will not give up the require space in the corridor. Instead of looking at what's best for overall transit (i.e. Their mandate), they are looking after the provincial government interest.

As it was said earlier, we will get what the Provincial Liberals want.
and people believe Metrolinx should be running transit

Metrolinx sounded like a good idea. The problem seems to be that the Liberals have the reverse Midas touch.

Councillor John Campbell's monthly e-newsletter, March edition:

Just gonna leave this here.

- Paul
Answer is that Metrolinx withheld report on alternative (connected SRT and ECLRT) because Scarborough Liberal MPPs wanted the B-D extended.
I guess he is relatively new, but I still think it's a probably a rhetorical question.

Metrolinx sounded like a good idea. The problem seems to be that the Liberals have the reverse Midas touch.
thats why i don't like the fact they are the ones building the Finch LRT which means they will own it and though TTC will operate Crosstown, Metrolinx owns it - well guess the company building it will have the contract to maintain for 30 years but still

tell me will you have the amount of people he had paying respect to him when you die?
I'm quite sure, if Donald Trump were to die, there'd be even more people lined up to tribute him, despite his racism and bigotry.

That there are deluded fools in society, doesn't mean much.

I certainly see no need to start anything, but if anyone is perverted enough to defend such evil, then it would be wrong not to speak up.

This is exactly what future generations should see. To understand just what really happened. Though I expect they'll be looking at the numerous media reports, and court documents, rather than an obscure blog for geeks.

I'm quite sure, if Donald Trump were to die, there'd be even more people lined up to tribute him, despite his racism and bigotry.

That there are deluded fools in society, doesn't mean much.

I certainly see no need to start anything, but if anyone is perverted enough to defend such evil, then it would be wrong not to speak up.

This is exactly what future generations should see. To understand just what really happened. Though I expect they'll be looking at the numerous media reports, and court documents, rather than an obscure blog for geeks.

Or in my opinion this is the tip of the iceberg & reflection of a major systemic issue on our Society. I know this opinion may not be well received from this board but I strongly believe this is just the start of Politics attracting the vote of the "left behind". The numbers are becoming strong enough to support a movement & likely to get worse.

People really have become fed up & apathetic with the same ol' BS Politician who will hide behind feel good slogan's, propaganda, slant and "facts" to line the interests of there Lobbyist, corporate & self interests. The Political system as a whole is the problem no matter the Party the path to get elected is not set up to serve the citizen as the only way to get elected is money & in the end this money is paid back in some form.

I fully agree bigotry is terrible & many people in this world are idiots. Sure. Id argue there are naive sheep on any side of a Political debate. But that's not the real reason so many people have attached to these system challenging loudmouths. And much of what is said is to grab the attention of the media which is invaluable free advertising. At this time if a Politician wants to challenge the broken system they will certainly get votes no matter what type of person. It actually only helps they act as rude loud mouths because the media cant turn away & that's the only way for the movement to really get noticed for the time being. In a few years were likely to see more civilized types latching who will take on the system. But this chaos is just breaking of the ice.

This certainly is a reflection of people being left behind in Society. Aka Toronto Suburbs on a tiny scale with Ford & America's eroded middle class on a larger scale in the US. Sure there is a ton that is wrong with much of what these Potlicians say to get media attention. But many would prefer that over someone pretending to be good & genuine only to be robbing the people to buy votes and line the pockets of their boosters.

Who even know's if Trump is genuine or using the people to line the pockets of self interest? That remains to be seen. But the frustration of the people is starting to get noticed. Rob Ford may be dead by his Politics are not going to just disappear as the root cause driving this type of Politics is likely only going to get worse in the years ahead. The cause of why so many are latching on to this type of Politician goes far beyond the cheap Political slogans. I really don't see this going away without drastic change in our society as large number of people have had enough of the BS "feel good" campaign that is just being used to get votes only to rob the people blind.

Hopefully we can cross the best of both worlds in the next generation where a Politician with accepting views will reach down to the people left behind & make them a priority. Wouldn't hold my breath with our system as is. But Politics in Toronto is sure to be more entertaining in the years to come. And since our Politicians are known more for "kicking the can" than actual action for the citizens, the entertainment value is welcome as it just might garner attention from people who normally don't. Democracy is the most important class which is not being taught in our high schools from grade 9-12. Quite shameful as an educated voter has the power to stop the bigotry and most importantly the societal inequality at the same time if they only knew.

Although this is a bit off topic it has very strong ties to Toronto & the transit inequality driving the SSE debate.

Last edited:
Anyone here listen to Kanye's new album? What do you guys think?

Similar to the SLRT in the sense it's arrogantly over promoted by it's creators, yet in reality under delivers & gets held in a lower class when compared to whats out there

Certainly not good enough to get him a bigger pool than Drake.

Last edited:
Why are you bringing up Donald Trump in this thread? What does he have to do with the Scarborough RT?
It doesn't. I'm simply briefly respond to Palma's question ...

coffey1 took the whole thing off-topic about 10 posts up the chain, by making the 100% unnecessary irrelevant and possibly trolling comment"For the most part Ford campaigned on listening to the voters out here & referendum aside".

Back