News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Great shots. Now, the critical SF question - where did you eat?
Despite heading to one of North America's premier "foodie" cities I can't really say I ate anything all that spectacular. However, that was mostly my fault. I was travelling alone and on a limited budget so I didn't really feel the need to check-out some of the "hot spots" and instead settled for somewhere between food court and cheap restaurant food (which was all fine by the way).

Did you eat at In-And-Out?

Best fast-food and they treat employees well. What's there not to like?

Obviously everyone will have different tastebuds. But there are so many choices even on the low end - pricewise - such that you will easily find good-to-excellent food to eat in that city.

Personally, I stick with East Asian and Northern Italian cuisine when in San Francisco, based on my geographical bias in food, and what I know is well represented there. And because it can be so super-fresh, seafood dishes are particularly appealing.

That foodcourt is amazing. I was there almost every morning for crepes and some fantastic Thai food. I wish we had something along those lines here. The price wasn't too bad either.

Funny, that was my morning spot as well!

I found this on the web...

The food court, situated on the Concourse (lowest) level is named the Food Emporium. Its name pays homage to the historic department store that once called this area home. You'll find a fantastic array of gourmet eateries that can satisfy even the most finicky of eaters. Scattered throughout the Bloomingdale's side of the mall, you'll find a number of upscale restaurants for discriminating tastes. For moderately-priced American food and a brilliant view of downtown, try the Nordstrom Cafe.

I like that food court too. And there is good eating in the Market in the Ferry Terminal.

My general view is that you can eat out of a dumpster in SF and still eat very well, what with the abundance of fresh produce in California.

Back