News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

A seafood store is opening at the NE corner of Davenport & Oakwood:

20220810_203346.jpg

Ah, interesting. I pass by there sometimes, although seemingly less nowadays, and this has slipped under the radar for me. Good to see these large underused backyard type spaces be better utilized.

There is a CofA application to convert a ground floor to a restaurant use along Christie at Yarmouth just south of DuPont. I haven’t been there but wonder if this is turning into a bit of a strip. Is this how Ossington got started?!
IMG_2104.png

Howdy! So went on my morning walk and passed the above. This drip is definately changing for the better. I wonder what is planned for the Fiesta Market site as I read here that it is closing. Btw I think that this stretch of DuPont/Christie deserves a new name.
IMG_2125.jpeg
IMG_2126.jpeg

Howdy! So went on my morning walk and passed the above. This drip is definately changing for the better. I wonder what is planned for the Fiesta Market site as I read here that it is closing. Btw I think that this stretch of DuPont/Christie deserves a new name.

I would consider that stretch to be the northern end of Seaton Village and Christie Pits:

seato.JPG

Interesting. This happened back around 2008, but first time I'm hearing about this story mentioned in that IG post...

Appears like the retail space of Alberta Avenue Provisions at 1150 Davenport Road is put up for lease:

web_1-2.jpg
web_1-7.jpg
web_1-13.jpg

It had been going for 40 years, and had that eclectic, underground rock 'n roll vibe somewhat reminiscent of the Bovine (though smaller and no space for live music) or the Black Dice or Swan Dive. It's sad to see a non-generic bar disappear since they're increasingly rare. Fortunately I stopped by for a beer for the first and sadly only time back in October.

Fire damage has been a real thorn for the some of the properties along the strip of Davenport around Ossington. Just like the corner of Davenport & Winona in which a fire wiped out a former auto garage and one of the adjacent properties with a retail unit. That corner has remained empty and a blight for what feels like over 2 decades now. They can't seem to find any takers, which perhaps isn't too surprising considering the land is not remediated and has not been rezoned.

winona.JPG

Back