News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I like the grey tone they used to paint the exterior. I'm not sure how the paint would stand up over time, but please Holiday Inn, paint the whole building, and spare us that dirty bland beige.

Nov. 1st Update

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I was talking to a former staff member, and she indicated that initially this site was being developed by a German company who were working on a fast track to reopen. Ownership was later transferred, and the project lengthened as a result. She also indicated that the bedbug problem arose not within the hotel itself, but had to monitored carefully as the problem was tracked in from the rental units on Wood street, where an infestation is a big and current issue.

She also indicated that the bedbug problem arose not within the hotel itself, but had to monitored carefully as the problem was tracked in from the rental units on Wood street, where an infestation is a big and current issue.

I used to live in the Maples (one of the Wood St. apartment buildings), which was quite nice back then in the early 90s. Suddenly, I feel itchy....

I used to live in the Maples (one of the Wood St. apartment buildings), which was quite nice back then in the early 90s. Suddenly, I feel itchy....

I lived there too, it was nice around 2003 when I lived there for a year. Good management, clean building and a full condo kitchen with brand new everything in it.

I can't see how bedbugs in the apartment tower have any relevance to the hotel, I think that's a crock. The only connection is a walk-way through the lobby and the gym & pool area.

I live in the Maples currently and have for five years. It's still a good building wth good management. No bedbug problems that I know of; "touch wood" Have friends at 40 Homewood who had a major problem with them but finally managed to get it under control.

If there is a bedbug problem at the Holiday Inn complex it possibly comes from 33 Wood St, which is the apartments located in the North Tower of the Holiday inn complex. I agree this is a stretch. Bed bugs can be brought in on workers clothing for example. Ugh.

According to the website, they are now accepting reservations for April 1, 2011. College Park I appreciate the update. I've been waiting for The Coffee Zone internet cafe at the Holiday Inn to reopen because it was a regular hangout. When the owners of Coffee Zone were forced to close for renos they were told it would be six weeks. They were understandibly skeptical and thought it would be November at least. Fat chance.

I've noticed that they have kept the original wood panelling in the Coffee Zone space, while both the bar and restaurant on either side have been gutted to start from scratch. I hope the Coffe Zone owners come back. Nice people.

Both Maples buildings (20 Carlton & 25 Wood) have had bed bug problems.
Perhaps the bed bug problem at 33 Wood came, in part, from the Day's Inn hotel? When the hotel is full or overbooked they often use furnished suites at 33 Wood as a backup and would move over additional cots if needed.
I'm acquainted with a fellow who is on the Tenants Association there. There have been several units treated and re-treated in the past 3 years. Management is on top of each suite as it is reported, like any good property management firm.

Exterior work on the Holiday Inn continues

Holiday Inn opens its largest hotel in Canada

The new hotel is Canada's largest Holiday Inn property with 513 rooms over 23 floors and features 9,000 square feet of modern, multi-functional event space. The grand opening marks the completion of the hotel's $20 million renovation project. The hotel will be among the first and the largest in North America in 2011 to open following the successful completion of the $1 billion Holiday Inn global brand relaunch, the biggest ever project of its kind in the history of the hospitality industry.

The Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre demonstrates the positive changes of the relaunch program on a large scale which includes a renewed focus on quality, improved arrival & welcome features, enhanced bedding and showers, a "Stay Real" service culture and a new, up to date look including a redesigned logo and signage.

"The opening of the Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre is a significant milestone, as it's not only the largest Holiday Inn in Canada, but also the largest opening in North America following the successful completion of the $1 billion Holiday Inn global brand relaunch" said Gopal Rao, regional vice president, sales and marketing, IHG Canada. "Toronto is a world class city and the ideal place to host Canada's largest Holiday Inn. This magnificent hotel will cater to tens of thousands of visitors in its first year alone. All of whom will be able to experience on a grand stage Holiday Inn hotels' global brand relaunch as well as what Toronto has to offer first hand."

More....http://www.4hoteliers.com/4hots_nshw.php?mwi=8466

http://www.traveldailynews.com/pages/show_page/42524-Holiday-Inn-opens-its-largest-hotel-in-Canada

I was wondering what the big event was there yesterday! Thanks for posting that! I also had no idea it was one of their biggest hotels!

This didn't turn out very well, it looks great in person

There's a nighttime lighting feature where those vertical fins are lit up in green. It does actually look kind of nice, tho I miss the generous canopy of the old entrance. Anyone try the new restaurants? The old ones were awful

Taken yesterday afternoon:

5740484873_e84185c180_b.jpg

I believe it's now Canada's largest Holiday Inn Hotel. They did a hell of a nice job on the inside, I would rate these new Hoiliday Inn Hotel's up there with Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott. I would have no problem staying in a new Holiday Inn hotel. That old Days Hotel should have been put to death years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a nighttime lighting feature where those vertical fins are lit up in green. It does actually look kind of nice, tho I miss the generous canopy of the old entrance. Anyone try the new restaurants? The old ones were awful

I finally remembered to get a shot of the Holiday Inn at night. It looks really nice at night and very inviting on the inside from the street. Nicely done.

Back