News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Willowdale's McMansions are getting ever large and more elaborate...but that doesn't mean quality's going up. Some McMansions built in the 80s are positively quaint in comparison. An older McMansion going from, say, $900K to $1.2M over the past few years isn't such a big deal...semis in Scarborough have gone up just as much.

I never said it was the same...Willowdale's housing stock will see almost complete turnover soon, while Yonge & Eglinton's houses mainly just get renovated. That's why I suggested the increases can't be compared, at least not until Willowdale stabilizes as an area of exclusively McMansions.

And I guess Yonge & Eglinton is like a 60 year old hooker - it's better than 75, but still...

Y&E is like the hottest girl in your High School Class at age 30. Still prime, though decidedly aged.

Yeah, hot 30 year olds may live there - it's Young & Eligible, after all - but that's not generally who's shopping in the stores and eating in the restaurants...which was the basis of comparison.

You have irrational fears of foreigners, so admit it, Yonge & Sheppard suffers in your eyes because it's not white enough!

Yeah, hot 30 year olds may live there - it's Young & Eligible, after all - but that's not generally who's shopping in the stores and eating in the restaurants...which was the basis of comparison.

You have irrational fears of foreigners, so admit it, Yonge & Sheppard suffers in your eyes because it's not white enough!

Not in the least. I am the most racially liberal and progressive person that I know! Diversity is the formula for urban success. If anything, Yonge & Sheppard is the homogeneous area. I wouldn't even call it a neighborhood.

Back