News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Should it be assumed that the No Frills at Front & Princess will be closing soon then?

No.

Unless LBL has changed their mind, there is sufficient market growth to support a new store here, and there is no immediate plan to go ahead with 333 King East et al.

As @AlexBozikovic noted awhile back, there was a re-work coming here.

Regardless, SPA hasn't even been filed for on that site, and there are no open permit applications.

IMG_4782.jpeg

Pusateri’s at Saks is barely there. Most of it has been emptied out and entrances blocked. Some takeaway counters along the perimeter remain open, including the cafe.

Sounds like they are in the process of collapsing. Will they retrench down to one location, or fold entirely?

View attachment 588779
Pusateri’s at Saks is barely there. Most of it has been emptied out and entrances blocked. Some takeaway counters along the perimeter remain open, including the cafe.

I am not surprised.

This always struck me as a failed concept from the get-go. Pusateri's relies on their name recognition from the 1990s to ensure that people come visit.

Look. Pusateri's WAS good but now it cannot compare with Whole Foods, Eataly, etc.

View attachment 588779
Sounds like they are in the process of collapsing. Will they retrench down to one location, or fold entirely?
I am not surprised.

This always struck me as a failed concept from the get-go. Pusateri's relies on their name recognition from the 1990s to ensure that people come visit.

Look. Pusateri's WAS good but now it cannot compare with Whole Foods, Eataly, etc.

Timely. The Star reports that all of the Pusateri's are closing, save for the Avenue Road location and the food counter at Eaton Centre.

Grocer Pusateri’s to consolidate operations, numerous locations to start bankruptcy proceedings

Last edited:

Back