News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I suppose at least they're being up-front about it. I'm more bothered by interior new build square footage estimates. They're supposed to be based on livable space, and in my experience they typically wouldn't include square footage from an unfinished basement (which is good). But it seems to me that the standard practice is to base advertised square footage on the exterior wall-to-wall floor dimensions. Our place was marketed as over 2800 sq ft. But the only way you can get to that number is if you include floor space taken up by stairs (~400), the tiled areas in the unfinished basement (~200), and interior walls. What I'd consider the actual "livable space" is much lower.

Thats the problem, livable space now seems subjective and obviously RE agents and developers will try to maximize that by including such things like stairs and unfinished basement. Terrace and balconies should never be considered and should be a comment but not added to "livable space".

Even if they did add it in the stat, how is a buyer supposed to verify that?

Thats the problem, livable space now seems subjective and obviously RE agents and developers will try to maximize that by including such things like stairs and unfinished basement. Terrace and balconies should never be considered and should be a comment but not added to "livable space".

Even if they did add it in the stat, how is a buyer supposed to verify that?
You as a buyer always have the option to get the property appraised to verify it is priced accurately and not misrepresented. If so you can legally confront the seller/developer and inform them of false advertising.

^I am not sure I am that positive. 3 of the 4 approved are under construction and the other is York U Markham, which is not happening. The proposed ones have been talked about years ago with no movement...

Was Riverside Square not rumoured to be the spot of a new grocery store? Does anyone know if that is still in the cards?

Even with NoFrills and Whole Foods nearby, not sure if another grocery chain would want to come into the area.

I'm hoping there will be one near Enterprise in the Gallery development

A sign has gone up on Warden south of 7 regarding the Aryeh lot at 8293 / 8303 Warden. Anyone know the current status or plans of this development?

Last edited:
A sign has gone up on Warden south of 7 regarding the Aryeh lot at 8293 / 8303 Warden. Anyone know the current status or plans of this development?

Got a letter for receipt of rezone. Max previous was 1x 19 Storey Tower, accomodating maximum 530 units. Now they're trying to rezone to build 2x 39-towers, accomodating a total of 833 appartment units.

I cant imagine how busy this area will get after all these condos are built.

Looks like they found a tenant for the old Cineplex theatre @ First Markham Place. Surprised that anyone would fill it, look at Parkway Cineplex @ Hwy 7 and East Beaver, which has been empty for what? 20 years?

Massive Spa complex!

Noticed this RFQ for the York University Markham Campus - does it mean this project is alive and moving forward?

1574868860871.png

Looks like they found a tenant for the old Cineplex theatre @ First Markham Place. Surprised that anyone would fill it, look at Parkway Cineplex @ Hwy 7 and East Beaver, which has been empty for what? 20 years?

Massive Spa complex!

The Parkway Cineplex isn't vacant and hasn't been for a while - I'd say at least 5 years. It's a theatre that shows Indian films.

Not that it or First Markham were first class theatres, but I still kind of miss them.

The Parkway Cineplex isn't vacant and hasn't been for a while - I'd say at least 5 years. It's a theatre that shows Indian films.

Not that it or First Markham were first class theatres, but I still kind of miss them.

Ah, I didnt realize that there was a movie theatre that took over, I must have never noticed (or dont go in that plaza much heh)

GoPlace is now open, BlogTO did a piece on it, looks interesting inside. $55 to spend the entire day in the spa, cheaper than hotels haha :) Just sleep on a lounge chair.

Wow this node is pretty much dead lol.

Last post was from Dec 2019. No one lives here anymore? Heh.

The old Future shop at Hwy 7 and Warden is being repainted to all blue. No signage yet but wondering what is moving in? Another Best buy or Marshal?

Back