News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Wow this node is pretty much dead lol.

Last post was from Dec 2019. No one lives here anymore? Heh.

The old Future shop at Hwy 7 and Warden is being repainted to all blue. No signage yet but wondering what is moving in? Another Best buy or Marshal?

Not sure what’s planned for the former Future Shop space but next door Honeymoon Desserts has recently opened - apparently a chain from Hong Kong. I wonder if we‘ll see an uptick in immigration from said city with all the political uncertainty there now. If anything this area seems ripe to benefit from it and I hope a little slice of home helps the recently-arrived acclimatize

Not sure what’s planned for the former Future Shop space but next door Honeymoon Desserts has recently opened - apparently a chain from Hong Kong. I wonder if we‘ll see an uptick in immigration from said city with all the political uncertainty there now. If anything this area seems ripe to benefit from it and I hope a little slice of home helps the recently-arrived acclimatize

Signage went up. Looks like Canada Computers will take over the old Futureshop space (how fitting).

Glad that there's a computer store nearby as I knew CC old spot was going to be new townhomes, glad they found a home just beside.
IMG-20201210-WA0001.jpg

Our latest video covers the progress at GO Transit's Unionville Regional Rail Station where the current single platform station is getting two new platforms and bidirectional service, Enjoy!

Access to downtown Markham still sucks which is really an oversight . . .

Our latest video covers the progress at GO Transit's Unionville Regional Rail Station where the current single platform station is getting two new platforms and bidirectional service, Enjoy!

Access to downtown Markham still sucks which is really an oversight . . .

It's no Aurora Go Stations. Passed by that one while going to a friend's house. That thing looked really nice... A proper station.

So sad that Unionville is nothing like that.

I think it will struggle to be a cohesive community, the floodplain divides it up pretty significantly.

Various photos of Downtown Markham and Markham Centre on a dark and cloudy day.
Unionville GO Station
image1 (3).jpg
image2 (1).jpg
Markham Marriott
image1 (6).jpg

York Condos
image3 (5).jpg
image1 (10).jpg

image0 (6).jpg

image2 (8).jpg

This triggers me for some reason. If they bothered to put the plaque, why can they not bother to actually restore the house? sigh
Markham Centre.jpg

Attachments

• image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 227
  • image1 (5).jpg
    image1 (5).jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 239
  • image0 (3).jpg
    image0 (3).jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 225
  • image2 (9).jpg
    image2 (9).jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 237
  • image3 (4).jpg
    image3 (4).jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 241
  • image3 (4).jpg
    image3 (4).jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 229
  • Markham Centre.jpg
    Markham Centre.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 224
Oh no!

Some people responding, who claim to work in high-rise construction are assuming this project is now dead in the water. Trying to remove all the cured concrete would be costlier than just tearing everything down and starting from scratch again.

EDIT: Fortunately, no fatalities and/or injuries.

Attachments

• markham condo.jpg
    markham condo.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Oh no!

Some people responding, who claim to work in high-rise construction are assuming this project is now dead in the water. Trying to remove all the cured concrete would be costlier than just tearing everything down and starting from scratch again.
If they are to continue with this project, it would most likely have to be a complete do-over! What a disaster...

Back