News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Just for fun.
Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 7.35.50 AM.png

I was looking through a list of properties the Alberta Government is selling or planning to sell Current and Future Properties for Sale (page 2). Looks like Harcourt House 10215 112 street NW is being prepared for sale.

1655139406587.png

This is one of my favourite buildings in West Downtown (along with the colourful building next door), hopefully this doesn't result in it's demise. It's currently occupied by the W.E.C.A.N Society, which is an artist run centre that promotes contemporary visual arts.

Also of note, The old Remand Centre is also being prepared for sale as per that site

Enbridge Tower (the old one, the cool one) is on this list. Does that mean its still a viable thing that's happening? or were the developers getting in on this grant just because they could, perhaps without planning to actually use the money?
And only $15M for conversion of a 27 storey building for "262 units?" What game are they playing?

I was looking through a list of properties the Alberta Government is selling or planning to sell Current and Future Properties for Sale (page 2). Looks like Harcourt House 10215 112 street NW is being prepared for sale.

View attachment 407067

This is one of my favourite buildings in West Downtown (along with the colourful building next door), hopefully this doesn't result in it's demise. It's currently occupied by the W.E.C.A.N Society, which is an artist run centre that promotes contemporary visual arts.

Also of note, The old Remand Centre is also being prepared for sale as per that site
My brother and his ex had a studio in there (all the basement windows you see in the photo). It'll be a loss when that building is finally sold because of all the creativity that happens inside. It's really mind-blowing to see what people are trying (and the mess it makes). Having said that, the artists have been warned the building could be sold for 20 years or more.

Possible new project for The Quarters?

---

The Edmonton Pride Seniors Group (EPSG) is getting closer to its dream of building a queer-friendly retirement home.

The EPSG has its eye on a piece of land in The Quarters, which would be close to downtown, bike paths, buses, and the new LRT line. But it has not yet been designated for affordable housing, and both executive committee and city council would have to approve any purchase or transfer of publicly owned land to the EPSG.

The plan is to make it a 50-unit, mixed-income building, meaning that about 40% of the units would be available at 80% of market rental rates.

Taproot

Reference ID:Job No 439051084-002
Description:To install (1) Fascia On-Premises Sign(s) (ROBERTSON COLLEGE)
Plan 384TR Lot 12A
Applicant:FIVE STAR PERMITS
Create Date:6/30/2022 12:57:50 PM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Back