News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So much opportunity.

The move to eliminate illegal parking lots took another step forward.

Puneeta McBryan, executive director of the downtown business association, says there are plenty of parking spaces within the "permitted, legal, and adequately maintained parking lots" and that downtown doesn't need the "many unpermitted, poorly maintained gravel parking lots."

Landowners profit from them and show no intention of developing them or investing in appropriate maintenance and landscaping, McBryan said in an email Tuesday.

Groceries are nearby, but how about a bakery, cafe and local live music joint.
Groceries are neaby-ish. 5 to 6 blocks on a straight line, to Save On Foods if you're on 97ave 110 st.

I'd settle for having a small mom-and-pop corner store, a pharmacy, a bakery and a restaurant. We already have a café on 111st/98ave (a Very good one, btw).

I'll be the first one to pick up the pitchforks if someone even proposes a live music venue here, though. Makes absolutely no sense in the area.

Many possibilities here for this site. Good opportunity for a mix of high and medium density residential.

For retail, a restaurant, cafe, pub could work. For grocery, I think an express format grocery store (common in many European cities) would be ok here. Something like a Carrefour Express (for those familiar with Europe retail). They have what you need + a few extras and you don't have to spend more than 10 mins finding all of it. For anything else or for bigger hauls you can still head to Save on Foods

carrefour-express-entrance-shop-a-french-grocery-store-2BDPRYF.jpg

Groceries are neaby-ish. 5 to 6 blocks on a straight line, to Save On Foods if you're on 97ave 110 st.

I'd settle for having a small mom-and-pop corner store, a pharmacy, a bakery and a restaurant. We already have a café on 111st/98ave (a Very good one, btw).

I'll be the first one to pick up the pitchforks if someone even proposes a live music venue here, though. Makes absolutely no sense in the area.

A small scale could work, but my experience is that most simply drive to a larger one in Edmonton, but this area might just have the density needed.

Live music as in a neighbourhood pub like Duggan's boundary or Belgravia Hub where it can be lunch, brunch, pub, live music nights (small scale) etc.

Id love to see something like Gristedes or a D'Agostinos; common, small but well stocked stores in Manhattan.

We need an aggressive Yankee company that will build 4 X towers. As apparently there is interest from the US>

Any local developer except Gooch, Regency, Alldritt and Niche
Would be great to get some new blood in the development game, especially big Toronto or Vancouver players like Concord, Hines, Triovest, Minto etc.All of those players have experience with large, multi-tower developments of a scale suitable for this property.

I'd love to see some additional institutional level developers/investors/builders in Edmonton, but they seem to be preoccupied.

The Edmonton inner city market is not a big enough market for institutional investment like the names mentioned above.

There is a reason Calgary sees investment from large players like Bosa, Bucci, Grosvenor, Anthem, Concord, Great Gulf etc. Edmonton is different and we should be thanking our local players for this.

The Edmonton inner city market is not a big enough market for institutional investment like the names mentioned above.

There is a reason Calgary sees investment from large players like Bosa, Bucci, Grosvenor, Anthem, Concord, Great Gulf etc. Edmonton is different and we should be thanking our local players for this.

It kind of puts what projects we do have in perspective seeing as Edmontonians have to basically build and fund them ourselves if we want development

There is institutional interest in Edmonton's market given incomes and significant rental community, but the rents aren't there and the cost to construct means that they are focussed on other markets.

Back