News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It kind of puts what projects we do have in perspective seeing as Edmontonians have to basically build and fund them ourselves if we want development

Correct both from a developer perspective and from a debt perspective. When many criticize our local developers they should know without them, there would be virtually no investment.

RE Eric Cormack site: bid deadline extended from November 25th to January 13th.

Took a quick look at the interested bidders list (which doesn't mean they've placed a bid, but simply downloaded the bid package) and there isn't much there notable aside from EDGAR, Rohit and Dub. IMO surprised there hasn't been more interest... not everyday there is an opportunity to own ~4.5 acres of land in the urban centre of a metro area of 1.5m people.

RE Eric Cormack site: bid deadline extended from November 25th to January 13th.

Took a quick look at the interested bidders list (which doesn't mean they've placed a bid, but simply downloaded the bid package) and there isn't much there notable aside from EDGAR, Rohit and Dub. IMO surprised there hasn't been more interest... not everyday there is an opportunity to own ~4.5 acres of land in the urban centre of a metro area of 1.5m people.
If any of Edgar, Rohit or Dub get the land that would be good news. Dub might be the least desired due to the likely slow pace of any eventual project on site.

Noticed this today; Symphony Tower is selling the little home they used as a sales office. A pretty unique property.

-Taproot
Sensationalized statement. If you want to compare what's happening 'price-wise' as it pertains to housing I suggest the Housing Price Index by Teranet and National Bank. Much better resource imo. When you look at the recent data it is showing that both Edmonton and Calgary are trending up versus most other major markets.

^^^^ You mustn't toy with 'O Negs. venture to destroy all things Edmonton. Of course there are better, more reasoned and sane resources regarding the City but those bring him no joy.

Sensationalized statement. If you want to compare what's happening 'price-wise' as it pertains to housing I suggest the Housing Price Index by Teranet and National Bank. Much better resource imo. When you look at the recent data it is showing that both Edmonton and Calgary are trending up versus most other major markets.

The key is to look at a variety of sources, but you'd expect (most would) that source to be trusted and accurate.

I can tell you that from a Downtown condo market side of things, listings are ~50k lower, if not more for larger units. Many 2 + 2 in buildings from the last 10-15yrs ago are $300k-350k which used to be easily 350-425k.

Our building is seeing ~30-50k reductions from comps of 2-3yrs ago.

Obviously the Downtown condo market has been hit the hardest so a * with some of this.

Reactions: God
‒This quarter saw suburban Class A and B vacancy rates return to pre-pandemic numbers, while the downtown submarket experienced a significant spike of 104,000 sq., ft of negative net absorption due to the impact hybrid workplace strategies have made on leasing activity.

69k (3 floors) of sublet coming back to market in Telus House at ATB Place.

Last edited:
Reactions: God
I have heard a few rumblings that a office building will be retrofitted into residential units in the general downtown area. This is in very early phases so everything is quiet. I can't say which building it is until it has been announced so I will leave that up to you to figure it out.
Good luck on guessing!

Last edited:
I have heard a few rumblings that a office building will be retrofitted into residential units in the downtown area. This is in very early phases so everything is quiet. I can't say which building it is until it has been announced so I will leave that up to you to figure it out.
Good luck on guessing!
My guess is this building that has had multiple floors available for many years:

10610-100-Ave-NW-Google-Maps.png

Back