News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This is the option Metrolinx selected for future study:

kYnfjqp.png

You may be thinking of City of Toronto's maps, which is running its own studies, though only one or two of those shows a Western arm.

That's the Metrolinx option from ONE study, focussed specifically on relieving Union Station. Other Metrolinx documents have referred to the Dundas West alignment (such as the one that insertnamehere posted), and others say that the final routing is to be determined (such as the Technical Update).

That map is hardly final. It will undoubtedly feed into further studies, but isn't the official Metrolinx plans by any measure.

This is the option Metrolinx selected for future study:
That's one of the options they selected for future study. Don't forget the other one - Option 6B - which seems to be the much more reasonable option. I'd assume that the new station (option 4B) at Spadina/Front is merely put there so they have another option to compare against, that they know will fail.

But why is there any discussion of this in a thread about traffic lights and parking?!?!?! Perhaps a moderator can move all the errant posts?

Although DRL posts should happen in the DRL thread, I think it's relevant to discuss the role of the DRL in a downtown transportation study. Even though the DRL isn't expected to happen for several years, it seems unwise to discuss short and medium-term traffic solutions without considering expected changes to the transportation network in the medium and long-term.

So yes, please take questions about the DRL over to the DRL thread. But questions about how the short term planning should account for the DRL are welcome here (unless it comes to completely dominate the conversation).

To encourage automobiles not to use the streetcar tracks as a travel path, what about returning to using cobblestones or some other rough surface?
20121209-Supp-Cobblestones.jpg

Maybe start with the King streetcar tracks downtown.

Last edited:
To encourage automobiles not to use the streetcar tracks as a travel path, what about returning to using cobblestones or some other rough surface?
20121209-Supp-Cobblestones.jpg
If traffic is moving slowly already, I doubt it would have much difference.

Do it properly I say. $500 fines and hand them out everywhere.

Back