News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Tiramisu has had alot of success with their winter and summer igloos. I can see why this is catching on with restaurants instead of surface parking. I could see Campio also doing something like this after really leaning into the patio space.

Campio was really busy Monday night. Patio space is amazing there. Didn't realize it had expanded so much.

Tiramisu has had alot of success with their winter and summer igloos. I can see why this is catching on with restaurants instead of surface parking. I could see Campio also doing something like this after really leaning into the patio space.
Bring back the Polar Patio Club!!

It has never 'departed'... and has now expanded to include the Solar Patio Club including a 2nd badge!

For all the hot takes Gunter has I certainly agree with this one.

It seems that at the two year mark of council and for the recent 3 years of the state that has been downtown, it sure seems like council is doing everything BUT clean up downtown. Banning open drug use, reinstating the loitering bylaw, banning encampments are all first steps that could/should be taken if council is serious about starting to mitigate public safety downtown.

These ridiculous "Meet Me Downtown" campaigns are a complete waste of money if you don't fix why people done want to meet downtown in the first place.

^ yup, Council has to make the hard choices if they want dt to succeed—you could hire Don Draper to run the greatest marketing campaign for downtown of all time and it won’t matter if the social disorder and rampant drug abuse make people feel both unsafe and uncomfortable whilst visiting.

Will international visitors finally get their attention? WE have been saying this for years... even pre-COVID to deaf ears.

'Volleyball World would like to come back. The local organizers, Oilers Entertainment Group, would like them to return. But players and Volleyball World said Edmonton’s street conditions were among the worst they have encountered anywhere and they won’t come back unless things improve dramatically.'

Seems to be a car fire from what I heard, smells like burnt rubber in my area. Will check it out in a bit tbh.

EDIT: Sorry a van explosion in an alley by the Mayfair??

^ Not sure what that was but I just walked over and everything is normal

^yup not there, my bad for following a Reddit rumour.

EDIT: I also did walk by, and nothing as well. it’s apparently by the Edmonton general. Someone on Reddit posted it.

1693505698465.png

Will international visitors finally get their attention? WE have been saying this for years... even pre-COVID to deaf ears.

'Volleyball World would like to come back. The local organizers, Oilers Entertainment Group, would like them to return. But players and Volleyball World said Edmonton’s street conditions were among the worst they have encountered anywhere and they won’t come back unless things improve dramatically.'

Where did this statement or sentiment come from - a particular person? Was the comment or paraphrase published somewhere?

Would be curious to read if there's more.

This should be sent to the inbox of all of council.

Looks like The City is caught between a rock and a hard place.

The Coalition for Justice and Human Rights (CJHR) has initiated legal action against the City of Edmonton, citing the city's continual displacement of individuals in encampments has placed vulnerable individuals in dangerous situations.

Dealing with the social disorder and all the other related problems are kind of like battling a forest fire.

Yes, you can put a lot of effort into tamping it down (which the city actually has done), but as long as the underlying conditions don't change, it can flare up again and again.

On that note, any progress by the province toward adding more permanent shelter spaces in Edmonton? Or does only Calgary get an adequate number of those?

For all the hot takes Gunter has I certainly agree with this one.

It seems that at the two year mark of council and for the recent 3 years of the state that has been downtown, it sure seems like council is doing everything BUT clean up downtown. Banning open drug use, reinstating the loitering bylaw, banning encampments are all first steps that could/should be taken if council is serious about starting to mitigate public safety downtown.

These ridiculous "Meet Me Downtown" campaigns are a complete waste of money if you don't fix why people done want to meet downtown in the first place.
The takes on LRT and bike lanes are so bad. 🙄

They seem to think it’s only for “downtown office workers”, as if the LRT isn’t serving WEM, Misecordia, Macewan, Norquest, Bonnie doon mall, Southgate, MWTC, UofA, UofA hospital, Grey Nuns, etc. those are all major employment hubs and places of study, leisure, and visiting.

What’s he want, Rio terrace to brookside LRT?

Back