News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Yes there will be a few hoops there in a couple more years so thst will help.

With pickleball, I saw a news story of some malls in the US converting or dedicating space to pickleball courts to good success. I think that idea was posted on this site previously?

Our city centre mall could be a good candidate.

Puneeta McBryan also suggested to city council recdntly that they should consider something like Calgary did with one of their downtown malls - Devonian Gardens. It's got a playground that can obviously be used year round and all sorts of plants/trees etc. Its apparently quite busy. Their city put $37 million into it and manage it now but it was originally a gift. McBryan seemed to indicate to council there was interest from the mall here.

View attachment 499319
That park was extremely popular with families when I went.

Attachments

• PXL_20230728_221231098.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230728_221231098.MP.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 24
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Blue Plate is now closed - I never did make it there again after they moved to 104 Ave.

I live a few blocks west of 109 street but I had been going to the vehicle registry downtown - I think it was 105 or 106 street. That's gone, too. So we went to the registry in Oliver Square by London Drugs and it was lined up out door - probably what would have amounted to an hour wait if I had stayed. I guess we should have gone to city centre - is there still one there?

I used to live a block away from the one on 114 st and Jasper Ave.

Anyway, another example of less convenience downtown and having to wait a long time for service as a result of few options.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but Blue Plate is now closed - I never did make it there again after they moved to 104 Ave.

I live a few blocks west of 109 street but I had been going to the vehicle registry downtown - I think it was 105 or 106 street. That's gone, too. So we went to the registry in Oliver Square by London Drugs and it was lined up out door - probably what would have amounted to an hour wait if I had stayed. I guess we should have gone to city centre - is there still one there?

Anyway, another example of less convenience downtown and having to wait a long time for service as a result of few options.

Accu-Search Registries at City Centre Mall is open Mon-Fri from 9 AM - 5:30 PM.

There used to be a registries office near the traffic circle at Princess Elizabeth and 101 St many years ago. I remember waiting in line at that office when big Dave Semenko stood in line right behind me (I didn't talk to him).

Mac Insurance and Registries also had a location on 106 Street/102 Avenue but closed about a year ago.

I used to go to the one in Edmonton Motors on Jasper Ave as it was open evenings and Sundays.

Reactions: TAS
I will be really upset if Landmark theatres was to close. There would be nowhere nearby to watch new release movies anywhere in the core/urban areas of our city.

PS. Oppenheimer is worth going to see by the way.

Last edited:

It was on 106 Street and I went there too because it was very close to where I work. Its too bad it closed, it was also easy to get in and out. I don't know if enough people realized it was there though.

I ended up going to the City Centre one since then and got in and out fairly quickly. The Oliver Square one is too far for me (I don't drive work everyday) and always seems very busy when I do go by it.

Back