News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I'm very pleased to inform you that this is no longer an issue as of at least a few months ago. You can access the mall from 102 Ave in the evening hours now. They have a security guard posted by that entrance to keep an eye on things, too. This was a huge gripe for me, too, as someone who goes to that movie theater pretty regularly.
I'm glad they changed it. It was definitely a disincentive and it bemuses me that it took them as long as they did to consider the possibility of foot traffic.

First & Jasper

Reference ID:Job No 514632699-002
Description:To construct interior alterations inside an Office building (Create Common area lobby and new demise walls for existing tenant downsize)
Plan F Lots 1-5
Applicant:SEAGATE CONTRACT MANAGEMENT LTD.
Create Date:2024-05-31T16:48:05Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOW

I'm glad they changed it. It was definitely a disincentive and it bemuses me that it took them as long as they did to consider the possibility of foot traffic.
One of the mistakes made was to turn the mall into Fort Knox during COVID. I suspect it really hurt some of the stores there, I got tired of it and stopped going there for a while.

Oddly, was fairly easy to get in and out of most of the suburban malls.

One of the mistakes made was to turn the mall into Fort Knox during COVID. I suspect it really hurt some of the stores there, I got tired of it and stopped going there for a while.

Oddly, was fairly easy to get in and out of most of the suburban malls.
Admittedly, since the pandemic started, I haven't been keen to linger in malls at all, and tend to just want to get in and out, but for the entirety of it taking the LRT to Southgate has been an easier experience in terms of access, let alone store selection.

Tucked in and doing a bit of work, I see...
IMG_6719.jpg
IMG_6720.jpg

Five possible conversions by the end of the year? Did I hear that right?
Charter Bylaw 20795 to reduce barriers to development for office to residential conversion. Relaxing things like required amenity area or setbacks.

Completed examples sited:

Phipps-McKinnon Building 10020 - 101A Avenue NW CCA Zone
Capital West Building 10035 - 108 Street NW CMU Zone
RMS Financial Building 10621 - 100 Avenue NW CMU Zone
Enbridge Tower 10058 - 102 Street NW CCA Zone

Really hope we see some more proposals for conversions. Awesome to see PMK getting done. Personally would love to see Highfield Place converted, pretty sure it's completely vacant and has been struggling to get space occupied for years, even pre-COVID office glut

Back