News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I think The Peak guys are probably wishing they had just tore it down and rebuilt from scratch after they have watched The Falcon go up almost as quick as they finished. Feels like The Peak has been a huge disaster, feel bad for them. They got covid'ed big time.

I think The Peak guys are probably wishing they had just tore it down and rebuilt from scratch after they have watched The Falcon go up almost as quick as they finished. Feels like The Peak has been a huge disaster, feel bad for them. They got covid'ed big time.
What’s made it a disaster?

I'm sure COVID didn't help, in part there must have been significant delays as the original hotel concept was reworked to residential rental. IMO the original concept was stronger and better for this location, but I can understand why the change happened.

But I feel the dilly dallying since then is either a sign of or a result of other problems. In anything in life, if you take too long, others will move ahead and surpass you.

DT Seattle for the past 4 days was the worst I have ever seen that place EVER! We’ve been over a dozen times and even spent a year living down there after University in 2001.
This image is the epitome of how bad their DT is. We passed this chair over a dozen times - an alley between 1st and 2nd Ave’s and Pike St. Everyone here knows where that alley is….behind the Hostel. This picture was the ONLY time we saw this recliner empty as 2 times the meat wagon hauled away 2 corpses and the rest of the times there was a “tweaked” out human being on it.
IMG_1976.png

We confirmed this with the dozens of private security personnel that littered that corner in order to keep the tourists safe.
Additionally, for Ian especially- I figured in their CBD district of roughly between Yesler (Eastern side) to Stewart St (western side) all the way out to 5th Ave - 60 square blocks - maybe, maybe 5% of the store fronts actually had stores. The odd SBUX or bank and that is it! The rest were boarded up and tagged. The number of Downtown Business Association . (Folks wearing yellow tshirts scooping up garbage and spraying vomit off the sidewalks), private security for the ODD storefront, Seattle PD, Seattle Fire, Public Transport security outnumbered the tourists, business folk 2-1. Zero.zero convenience, drug stores or fast food around, a few restaurants - actually went to Vons X 3 cause of their cheap and delicious martini’s.
Once out of the CPD - where all of the new Amazon towers and condo towers are starting around the “Denny Triangle,” sure things opened up around there but man oh man is that a far walk from the “W” hotel where we stayed for $450/night, the shitholes around us we’re charging the same so why not.
Their main DT Mall - Pacific Center, sure had a good selection of stores but zero folks in there shopping. Walked around Lake Union, about a 5hr walk along with a pit stop in Fremont, a freaky little village just north of DT. It was their Summer Solstice party that included, not kidding, about 200 naked bike riders, not sure how that’s legal….but it was something for the kids to see!!!

^ same. Did the whole sort of "partnership" with CNIB end up materializing in all the ways they said for the Citizen tower? I recall there being units dedicated to be for blind folks + CNIB taking a bunch of 2nd floor office space + some other things that were supposed to be at benefit of blind people.

Seemed like soon as construction commenced I don't recall hearing anything related to CNIB mentioned again by the developer.

DT Seattle for the past 4 days was the worst I have ever seen that place EVER! We’ve been over a dozen times and even spent a year living down there after University in 2001.
This image is the epitome of how bad their DT is. We passed this chair over a dozen times - an alley between 1st and 2nd Ave’s and Pike St. Everyone here knows where that alley is….behind the Hostel. This picture was the ONLY time we saw this recliner empty as 2 times the meat wagon hauled away 2 corpses and the rest of the times there was a “tweaked” out human being on it. View attachment 575576
We confirmed this with the dozens of private security personnel that littered that corner in order to keep the tourists safe.
Additionally, for Ian especially- I figured in their CBD district of roughly between Yesler (Eastern side) to Stewart St (western side) all the way out to 5th Ave - 60 square blocks - maybe, maybe 5% of the store fronts actually had stores. The odd SBUX or bank and that is it! The rest were boarded up and tagged. The number of Downtown Business Association . (Folks wearing yellow tshirts scooping up garbage and spraying vomit off the sidewalks), private security for the ODD storefront, Seattle PD, Seattle Fire, Public Transport security outnumbered the tourists, business folk 2-1. Zero.zero convenience, drug stores or fast food around, a few restaurants - actually went to Vons X 3 cause of their cheap and delicious martini’s.
Once out of the CPD - where all of the new Amazon towers and condo towers are starting around the “Denny Triangle,” sure things opened up around there but man oh man is that a far walk from the “W” hotel where we stayed for $450/night, the shitholes around us we’re charging the same so why not.
Their main DT Mall - Pacific Center, sure had a good selection of stores but zero folks in there shopping. Walked around Lake Union, about a 5hr walk along with a pit stop in Fremont, a freaky little village just north of DT. It was their Summer Solstice party that included, not kidding, about 200 naked bike riders, not sure how that’s legal….but it was something for the kids to see!!!
Doesn't Seattle have a "progressive" mayor and city council?

Back