News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Keith Gerein has written about it twice and I'm looking forward to hearing what's in the works with the city, province and OEG in terms of an upcoming (project?) announcement for downtown.

Hopefully will be announced soon.

So if the province does come through and covers the $35 million Coliseum demolition among other things, what would people like the city to do with $35 million the city has already set aside in the budget?

- reduce city tax increase?
- incentives for downtown condo projects (new and conversion)?
- more affordable housing?
- public transportation?
- add some money to warehouse park for a fountain and more amenities?
- add to road and snow clearing budget?
- add to park maintenance?
- or what?

I think I would like to spend a good portion of it on the downtown pedestrian bridge council had to cut in last year's tough budget decisions. Cost then was $21 million, I believe. I want this bridge.

Screenshot_20240716_140232_Samsung Internet.jpg

So if the province does come through and covers the $35 million Coliseum demolition among other things, what would people like the city to do with $35 million the city has already set aside in the budget?

- public transportation?
- or what?

I think I would like to spend a good portion of it on the downtown pedestrian bridge council had to cut in last year's tough budget decisions. Cost then was $21 million, I believe. I want this bridge.

Warehouse Park fountain and 100 St pedestrian bridge please!
👍

Last edited:

- public transportation?
- or what?

View attachment 580920

This would be a massive Instagram photo destination and visitor draw so this has my vote too.

Back