News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Poor location choice IMO and I'd love to know some of the metrics on this versus the rather significant investment.
Wow. Yeah, the investment and hype put behind this is depressing…

It was touted as this prominent expansion of sorts for our downtown retail, when really it’s just a regular local goods seller/storefront farmers market.

I was underwhelmed when I visited. We have a dozen other stores like it in our city. Location was brutal (they claimed they wanted the parking the site had). How much many did we sink into this for this result?

And what ever happened to the brewery and other round of businesses that received this retail grant?

I know you're all excited, so I have good news for you - The Tap Room has a website and here is there menu: https://www.thetaprooms.com/menu

Apparently the non-plural URL was taken, but does it really matter at this point... or maybe they are just preparing for their expansion of locations?

If you were expecting a simplified menu, you were wrong. How about an expanded menu! When you went to SlapShot, were you thinking to yourself "Man, this is great, but I really wish they had grilled salmon on the menu?". Well, your wish has come true. Or you could go for their Penne Alfredo with Shrimp. Me personally though, I think I will just stick to the $12 giant pretzel with cheese sauce.

And if you're longing for the good old days of SlapShot (remember all the memories?), don't fret, you can still grab a "Slap Shot Burger" or a "Slap Shot Cobb Salad" or a "Slap Shot Berry Cheesecake" or even some "Slap Shot Wings".

Oh, and the fake Google reviews have already begun again, just like last time with SlopShot. Even though it's not open, it's got 5 stars!

Hmm.

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 9.04.11 AM.png

Notice the row of fake culinary/restaurant awards too.
fake it till you make it? well... they say they are "A BELOVED SPOT" even before opening, that's a bit entitled and over-pretentious 😛

"We're more than just a restaurant; we're a beloved neighborhood spot serving up great food and creating cherished memories in Edmonton since day one. Join us for good food, good drinks, and unforgettable moments."

Their whole website reads like it was made with AI.

"We don't just serve food here; we are a cherished neighborhood hangout that has been giving Edmonton everything we've got since the heart of its inception."

Like what? You're not even open yet.
... since the heart of its inception? That's quite the word salad there, but it seems more confusing than tasty I wonder if that's on the menu too?

Hmmmmm, I wonder what Norquest has longterm in mind. I'm a bit disappointed to see another building disappear in the area.
Yes, this is disappointing. I hope they prove us wrong, but future campus expansion opportunity doesn't sound very concrete or like anything will happen for quite a while.

It wouldn't be a building I would pick to tear down in the area. IDK it couldn't be used for offices or classes rather than torn down.

I don't know what the person who wrote this is on, but this sort of demolition is not at all exciting. Its the opposite.

Back