News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

I think it is clear that "The Nap Room" is likely the same owners just rebranding. Yes, it was definitely "the brand" that failed them. I am sure of that. This one will be hugely successful, no doubt. A rebranding is all they needed.
Oh the signage just screams amateur and temporary. If at first you don't succeed ... rebrand. I expect sometime in the future the signage will have to prominently feature UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT.

View attachment 597967The Tap Room’s permanent sign went up, and I am wondering if this is perhaps just a reboot of Slop Shot. The quality of signage is eerily similar.
They're abandoning the sports bar niche and moving to a more difficult, and probably more competitive market. Cavern is right across the street for those that like wine and cheese.

Walking around the last two days I've noticed a lot of places looking and feeling much better overall.

However, Jasper Avenue from 100-104st is pretty bad looking, feeling and not representative of what we want this place to be.

Also, I still see a lot of very obvious gang/crime happenings in and around the area that would be nice to breakup.

Major Development Permit
Permit ClassNot Available
Permit Date(No value)
StatusIn Progress
Description of DevelopmentTo construct a 55 Dwelling Residential Use building in the form of a Multi-unit Housing with an underground Parkade.
Address10163 - 108 STREET NW

It seems like that DP near the Parks and across the planned Westrich midrise on 108 St is a midrise too?
I'm still waiting for @Avenuer :p

I walked past the tap crap room today and I am wondering why there's 2 wine glasses next to the logo, when I am guessing they probably aren't going to have wine "on tap". Or maybe they are... there's just a lot to unpack here.

View attachment 597967The Tap Room’s permanent sign went up, and I am wondering if this is perhaps just a reboot of Slop Shot. The quality of signage is eerily similar.

I walked past the tap crap room today and I am wondering why there's 2 wine glasses next to the logo, when I am guessing they probably aren't going to have wine "on tap". Or maybe they are... there's just a lot to unpack here.
That's why all of us on here could probably make a killing consulting to hapless folks like the owner's of said "Tap Room." We would have all recommend that the word - "TAP" conveys images of "BEER TAPS," and NOT wine and/or anything related to wine. A more reasonable image would have been one of a classic "BEER STEIN," we would all agree on, although it would still be a terrible sign and concept.

City Centre Survey (biannual). Particularly asks about the City Centre Optimization Program (cleaning/maintenance) as well as safety.

Last edited:
I know you're all excited, so I have good news for you - The Tap Room has a website and here is there menu: https://www.thetaprooms.com/menu

Apparently the non-plural URL was taken, but does it really matter at this point... or maybe they are just preparing for their expansion of locations?

If you were expecting a simplified menu, you were wrong. How about an expanded menu! When you went to SlapShot, were you thinking to yourself "Man, this is great, but I really wish they had grilled salmon on the menu?". Well, your wish has come true. Or you could go for their Penne Alfredo with Shrimp. Me personally though, I think I will just stick to the $12 giant pretzel with cheese sauce.

And if you're longing for the good old days of SlapShot (remember all the memories?), don't fret, you can still grab a "Slap Shot Burger" or a "Slap Shot Cobb Salad" or a "Slap Shot Berry Cheesecake" or even some "Slap Shot Wings".

Oh, and the fake Google reviews have already begun again, just like last time with SlopShot. Even though it's not open, it's got 5 stars!

Back