News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I noticed they moved the south bound 29 Dufferin bus stop to the north side of the intersection (where they should be imo, because nothing is worse then waiting at a red light then having to stop right after the intersection to pick up passengers) which I think is a great move. But when are they going to have the west bound Queen streetcar stop at the east side of the intersection instead of this silly Gwynne Ave. stop west of the intersection with no mention of Dufferin St. ? If theyre not going to move the stop atleast call it Dufferin St. instead of Gwynne. The stop is closer to Dufferin and would make much more sense as it is a major transfer point.

I noticed they moved the south bound 29 Dufferin bus stop to the north side of the intersection (where they should be imo, because nothing is worse then waiting at a red light then having to stop right after the intersection to pick up passengers) which I think is a great move. But when are they going to have the west bound Queen streetcar stop at the east side of the intersection instead of this silly Gwynne Ave. stop west of the intersection with no mention of Dufferin St. ? If theyre not going to move the stop atleast call it Dufferin St. instead of Gwynne. The stop is closer to Dufferin and would make much more sense as it is a major transfer point.

Don't forget that the new streetcars will be approximately 30m long, while the CLRV's are about more than 15m long and the ALRV's are more than 23m long. Buses are only around 12m long. That means the new streetcars could take up the entire distance of the short block.

I guess you don't use 29 much?

There has always been a stop, south of Queen street, as that how the 29 could off load riders when it turn off Queen in the first place when it used the jog from day one.

I know they added a north side stop not to long ago for ppl to catch the west 501 without crossing at the lights. Are you saying its gone now?? if so, cars wins!!

June 30
The new north stop for the southbound is still there. Large stone blocks are being added to the plaza area as well the upper level. Looks like all the planting is finish.
5892613754_6e2e7b83d1_b.jpg

5892053805_76f5fb9c49_b.jpg

5892054983_6e8ec31cc3_b.jpg

5892049667_cd08e44e74_b.jpg

Don't forget that the new streetcars will be approximately 30m long, while the CLRV's are about more than 15m long and the ALRV's are more than 23m long. Buses are only around 12m long. That means the new streetcars could take up the entire distance of the short block.

Dude the distance from Dufferin to Gladstone is over 120m. That is definately not the reason why the Westbound Dufferin stop on the 501 is west of Dufferin and named Gwynne Ave. It also seems more dangerous to have the stop after the intersection because you have cars rushing through yellow lights and not realizing the streetcar is gona slam on his brakes right after the intersection. Stupidiest part is not naming the stop Dufferin, no matter what side of Dufferin it is on.

I guess you don't use 29 much?

There has always been a stop, south of Queen street, as that how the 29 could off load riders when it turn off Queen in the first place when it used the jog from day one.

I know they added a north side stop not to long ago for ppl to catch the west 501 without crossing at the lights. Are you saying its gone now?? if so, cars wins!!

Did you not read my post? I said they MOVED the stop that was on the south side to the north side. I dont see how this makes car win though? I personally as a transit rider prefer stops to be before lights and not after them. It's better to load people at red lights.

They actually put huge rocks here and there to distract skateboarders.

Maybe they shouldnt of used smooth concrete, ramps and grind rails everywhere if they didnt want skaters. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Dude the distance from Dufferin to Gladstone is over 120m. That is definately not the reason why the Westbound Dufferin stop on the 501 is west of Dufferin and named Gwynne Ave. It also seems more dangerous to have the stop after the intersection because you have cars rushing through yellow lights and not realizing the streetcar is gona slam on his brakes right after the intersection. Stupidiest part is not naming the stop Dufferin, no matter what side of Dufferin it is on.

Did you not read my post? I said they MOVED the stop that was on the south side to the north side. I dont see how this makes car win though? I personally as a transit rider prefer stops to be before lights and not after them. It's better to load people at red lights.

Maybe they shouldnt of used smooth concrete, ramps and grind rails everywhere if they didnt want skaters. :facepalm:

If you check the south side, the existing old stop is still there. TTC installed a new stop on the north side. Therefore, how did TTC moved a stop that still there?? That stop will remain there for short turning of the Queen car or the King car once the overhead is rebuilt this fall.

As for the Gwynne Ave stop, how long has it been there?? There used to be a stop on the east side of Dufferin St, but was moved for safety reason as you noted years ago. Why confused the the riders more?? Then TTC is great at doing this in the first place.

If the new north side was removed after being installed, it will because of the complaints by the car folks. Therefore, with the removable of the stop, Cars Win.

Rollerblade and skateboarders will still use this area no matter how many rocks are brought in.

On June 30rd, the last time I got off an 29S, it was at the south side stop for Queen Street.

Today after getting off an 501 and walking south, I see the TTC stop has been removed as claim by STIdes. I find this odd, considing where my info was coming from in the first place, that this stops was going to remain.

It shows once again one hand doesn't speak to the other and the power to be is undermine.

In this case, the cars lost.

On June 30rd, the last time I got off an 29S, it was at the south side stop for Queen Street.

Today after getting off an 501 and walking south, I see the TTC stop has been removed as claim by STIdes. I find this odd, considing where my info was coming from in the first place, that this stops was going to remain.

It shows once again one hand doesn't speak to the other and the power to be is undermine.

In this case, the cars lost.

Yea man, I told you I actually investigated personally. Still no mention of Dufferin St. on the stop call out system when you are going west on the streetcar which is most ridiclous of all.

After the system-wide implementation of the stop announcement system, all that changed was adding hospitals and a few other landmarks at specific stops. The Roncesvalles section of the 504 and most of St. Clair needs re-doing as it does not recognize the relocated stops, and on Roncy, still calls out the withdrawn Sunday stops. The 41E Keele Express is not programmed either, and I doubt the 199 Finch East Express is either.

After the system-wide implementation of the stop announcement system, all that changed was adding hospitals and a few other landmarks at specific stops. The Roncesvalles section of the 504 and most of St. Clair needs re-doing as it does not recognize the relocated stops, and on Roncy, still calls out the withdrawn Sunday stops. The 41E Keele Express is not programmed either, and I doubt the 199 Finch East Express is either.

Changing the announcements would mean spending money. Can't spend money to correct that, can we?

It's good to know what's going on with the art. I'm looking forward to it enlivening the look of that concrete underpass and raising standards for underpasses in general, which are usually very dull spaces in spite of their important role in ensuring the continuity of streets.

Back