News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Have they even done any work in the last 2 weeks.. this project is taking forever.

Have they even done any work in the last 2 weeks.. this project is taking forever.

I saw some serious progress being done on the Queen side a few days ago. I hear what you're saying though, some days you can go by and not see a worker. They are definitely not in a hurry.

Godammit, not even finished and already tagged.

you sure those are tags? could be construction related, temporary paint?

Is there a rendering of what they are building? What are all those curvy elements at the base of the hill. My first guess is water feature but with the embankment so close and the length so long that seems unlikely. My second guess is embankment support but they are at almost the same elevation.

The 501 and 29 will be on detour this weekend while the Dufferin bridges are lower into final position on the new underpass.

TTC will restring the Queen line as well add the Dufferin cut off that is missing now.

Part of the north support framing will be remove also so work can take place to make the final connection for the new underpass to Queen St.

Have not heard when the Ribbon cutting will take place to open up the new underpass.

Have they put up the "no right turn on red" sign for south to west Dufferin yet?

ugh I really hope they don't add another no right on red, they've already recently added no rights on red at lansdowne and roncesvalles, really not looking forward to another one. The street planners likes to treat people like morons because well, most people are. So I'm sure they will.

That would be great if they put in a no right on red! This area (and lots of others in the city for that matter) has far too many pedestrians and cyclists. Heck, a car can't wait 60 seconds!?!

To be fair the wait is much longer than 60 seconds, because 50 of the other seconds there is usually someone walking across the intersection. At many intersections in this city without "no turn on red" you are lucky to get two or three cars through per light cycle. In this case I support it because there is a visibility concern, but I don't think it should be standard.

To be fair the wait is much longer than 60 seconds, because 50 of the other seconds there is usually someone walking across the intersection. At many intersections in this city without "no turn on red" you are lucky to get two or three cars through per light cycle. In this case I support it because there is a visibility concern, but I don't think it should be standard.

Ive stood at the corner where your driver side would be trying to turn right out of the tunnel. Visability isnt just fine it is great because of the hill looking left. But I'm sure there will be a no right on red because they like to babysit us and have no concept of what makes better traffic flow.

Back